Skip to content
Looks like they are...

Notifications
Clear all

Looks like they are FINALLY going to replace it!

18 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey, long time no post.... Been through hell and back with that loser woman I married, and well it has kept me from playing. That's another story for a different location. Any ways, remember that expensive USA Jackson Soloist I bought a few years back? The one with the S curve in the neck. It was sitting in its case for the last year because I was just so sick of playing that horrible thing. I picked up my kids India made Jackson Kelly, you know how cheap thsoe things are, right? Well I then played that USA junk and the Kelly sounded so much better, so I took it back to Ed Roman's and told Ed to sell it and donate the money to charity because it was junk and I wanted some satisfaction out of it. He got so mad after he heard the rest of the story, he call his main guy at Jackson right then (Dec 24th). Looks like they are going to replace it with a new guitar.

You know what also helps? His new custom shop tech has been my main guitar tech for 15 years and he also told Ed it was defective.

So, when I trade this thing in, do you think I could swap that bad boy for a nice Les Paul? I mean I already have some strat bodied guitars, looking for some vintage sound.

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

OH Yeah!!!

Congrats!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Yeah go Les Paul or SG! :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Wow! it's great to hear a story with ED R. in it that doesn't go bad at the end.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Rock on! Good for you.

Pick up an LP and be done with it.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Wow! it's great to hear a story with ED R. in it that doesn't go bad at the end.
You know that's funny you say that. I've met Ed a few times and he has never done me wrong, always been helpful. He has down sized his store by about a quarter the size it used to be, booted out his old business partners(so I've been told) and is much more hands on with the customers and from what I can tell looking to fix his store. My buddy that works in the custom shop tells me everything is on the up and up there.

OK, I paid 1550.00 for this thing. What model do you think would be a good trade for? Looking for a straight up trade with Ed. I think I want to stay with the tried and true LP.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

You can't go wrong with an LP, that's for sure.

Have you looked at PRS? :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@wrkngclsshero)
Trusted Member

I remember reading about the ex, hope that all straightened it self out. As far as the new guitar, sounds like things are starting to swing back to your favor. Merry Christmas and a pre-emptive Happy New Year!

"A working class hero is something to be..." -J. Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm all about the LP myself. Good to see you back.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hot damn... I just got the annulment papers back. I'm single again :D

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Don't get me wrong but at $1550 you will not get much of a Les Paul or a real Paul Reed Smith. If you want a guitar with some versatility, you might want to consider an Ibanez. Yeah. It ain't a Gibson but you will get your money's worth out of it. A high quality Ibanez is way, WAAAAY better than a low end Les Paul. Of course you won't have the name but....I've played a Black Beauty 80's Les Paul Custom. They are very nice. No doubt about it. There is no way that I would pay more than $500 for a Les Paul studio though. You won't find one for less than $1200.00. No thank you. If I had to buy a Les Paul I wouldn't spend less than $3500. That way I would at least know I was getting something worth it's weight.

If you must buy a Gibson though, buy an SG. They sound every bit as good as a Les Paul and weighand cost less. And, at $1500 you are getting an SG as good as it gets. Not a lower model.

JUST MY OPINION.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member

Don't get me wrong but at $1550 you will not get much of a Les Paul or a real Paul Reed Smith. If you want a guitar with some versatility, you might want to consider an Ibanez. Yeah. It ain't a Gibson but you will get your money's worth out of it. A high quality Ibanez is way, WAAAAY better than a low end Les Paul. Of course you won't have the name but....I've played a Black Beauty 80's Les Paul Custom. They are very nice. No doubt about it. There is no way that I would pay more than $500 for a Les Paul studio though. You won't find one for less than $1200.00. No thank you. If I had to buy a Les Paul I wouldn't spend less than $3500. That way I would at least know I was getting something worth it's weight.

If you must buy a Gibson though, buy an SG. They sound every bit as good as a Les Paul and weighand cost less. And, at $1500 you are getting an SG as good as it gets. Not a lower model.

JUST MY OPINION.

I agree as well.

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

JUST MY OPINION.
Let me refrase that... The Jacksons list was $2800.00. *I paid 1550 for it. I should be able to get a Les Paul Classic for about that price. Besides, I already have a Strat hot rod, a jackson kelly, schecter diamond and a couple of acoustics. I won't know how the deals is going to go down till after thursday.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I'm gonna bump this thread. Here's the update. I belong to the Jackson/Charvel forum. the factory boy's visit that forum on a regular basis to get Ideas about future guitars. Jackson very much watches the forum. Anyway, I posted a thread and the HEAD of Jackson saw what kind of crap I went through. The tech I'm dealing with was called a liar and basically was told he didn't know squat, this guy has been a tech for 30 years.

The man that read this on the forum was so ticked off that he PM'd me and asked for the serial #, and said that he would personally handle my problem. Well guess what?!?! They are going to build me a custom shop guitar to replace this one.

Bad news is, it's going to be at least 3 to 4 months minimum for a custom shop guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I'm gonna bump this thread. Here's the update. I belong to the Jackson/Charvel forum. the factory boy's visit that forum on a regular basis to get Ideas about future guitars. Jackson very much watches the forum. Anyway, I posted a thread and the HEAD of Jackson saw what kind of crap I went through. The tech I'm dealing with was called a liar and basically was told he didn't know squat, this guy has been a tech for 30 years.

The man that read this on the forum was so ticked off that he PM'd me and asked for the serial #, and said that he would personally handle my problem. Well guess what?!?! They are going to build me a custom shop guitar to replace this one.

Bad news is, it's going to be at least 3 to 4 months minimum for a custom shop guitar.
Cool, after so long, what's 4 months, especially for a custom built guitar? Just think, if he hadn't stepped in you could have been spending those 4 months trying to get something done, instead of biting your finger nails waiting for your custom shop guitar to arrive - I know which I'd prefer. :)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2