Notifications
Clear all

Making up for lack in low-end

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@karl0s_)
Topic starter  

Hopfully you guys can provide another opinion/idea for this one.

My band consists of 2 guitarists and a drummer, and were pretty keen to leave it that way, but ofcourse theres a bit of an empty space without a bassist.
Wev thrown a few ideas around and are currently looking at octave pedals (the electro-harmonix Pod in particular), and think it could be the way to go..
That was the easy part... now my problem;
Both the guitarist play rythem aswell as lead. (Alternating here and there i mean) so itd be perfect for us both to have our signals running through an octave pedal. (Even more ideal would be we both have one, but they're a little pricey...)
so, we were thinking wed split our signals before they get to our effects. So from guitar, one signal to an A/B type box, then into the octave pedal, then into a bass amp or something..? And then ofcourse our other signal through its normal rout - through our effects and guitar amps.
So when either guitarist is playing rythem, they stomp their A/B Box to turn their signal on leading into the octave pedal, and away they go.
Too crazy to work?
Id really apriciate any ideas on this!
cheers

(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

Unfortunately You really do need a bass player.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Unfortunately You really do need a bass player.
White Stripes and Black Keys seem to manage without ;)

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hopfully you guys can provide another opinion/idea for this one.

My band consists of 2 guitarists and a drummer, and were pretty keen to leave it that way, but ofcourse theres a bit of an empty space without a bassist.

Just put the sets together and don't worry about it. My old band was in the same situation when our bass player had to spend a year out of town. We just dropped the songs he sang out of the set list and did the gigs.

Most people won't even notice.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

This is a pretty easy fix. Like you said AB the stuff.

My current band I switch between Bass and Guitar so we switch amps and effects all the time. We use an AB box that sends both the bass and guitar signal into one box and our two chords run into the other end. Step on the switch plug in your bass and switch sides of the stage. BAM instant acess to that octave pedal or bass rig.

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote