Clear all

Me ol' mate Keith Urban

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@planetalk)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Many years ago in Sydney Australia, a fantastic young picker/singer called Keith Urban used to come regularly to listen to my band The Train doing our thing. He wrote some great tunes, got a recording contract and recorded a couple of albums. I played some slide on several tracks. He then moved away to America and last night he won the best male vocalist award in Nashville.

Good onya Keith, thanks for showing us all what can be acheived when you believe in what you're doing.

PS: If there are any KU fans here who can tell me which tracks I played on, I'd be grateful if you could let me know. There's no real mention of his Aussie releases at his site. My real name is Kirk Lorange.

Kirk

(@undercat)
Prominent Member

If there are any KU fans here who can tell me which tracks I played on, I'd be grateful if you could let me know.

Pardon my ignorance... why would you not know what tracks you played on?

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@planetalk)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Because it was about 15 years ago and I was called into the studio to do overdubs on some tracks ... I certainly can't remember the names of the tunes, but now that he's such a megastar, I'd like to know so I can mention it on my site.

Kirk

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

LOL, I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, let alone what I played on that long ago.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I know I'm digging up an old post, but Keith Urban is coming to Germany soon - so I may well go and see what he's all about

Going to see Dylan, too, if I can rearrange my holiday.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@rsadler)
Reputable Member

I've seen him in concert, and he is a great guitarist, and full of energy. His show is definately worth seeing. There was a Dateline special on him last week, and he said he started taking guitar lessons when he was six, and quit school when he was 15 to start performing. I didn't care for him at first, be cause he didn't look country at all, but I really like his music alot now. He got male vocalist of the year last year also (Country Music). All of his CD's are awesome too

ReplyQuote
 Gina
(@gina)
Estimable Member

WOW! I loooooooove Keith Urban. What a guitar player! I had the opportunity to meet him back in '99 at the beginning of his solo career (when I lived in the States). He's a really nice guy.

I have no idea what songs you would've played on, since it was 15 years ago. They must've been Aussie releases, I'm guessing? Sorry I can't be of more help. But if you find out, let us know!

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

ReplyQuote
(@mulletgut)
Eminent Member

Keith is a great performer, an awesome guitarist and a good bloke.

Saw him live a couple of months ago in a MusicMax Sessions intimate performance at the Opera House in Sydney. (Only about 100 peeps) Awesome.

Anyway, I don't have his first album, "Keith Urban" 1991, which I assume would be the one you're talking about, but there is a fan site you might like to message the owner and ask your question there.

If it's free its for me........... and I'll take three!

ReplyQuote
(@waltaja)
Estimable Member

not sure what tracks but you definatly played on the 1991 album. Kirk slide guitar

"I got a woman, stay drunk all the time!"

-Led Zeppelin-

ReplyQuote