Clear all

MF SDotD saga update with pics!

40 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Solid Cedar top, Grover tuners, body & neck binding. saved enough at $149.99 to get a cheap Hardshell case as well.
Stupid Deal of the Day......

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-F11S-Solid-Cedar-Top-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=513822 :!:

#4491....

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Good deal on a solid top. :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great deal, congrats! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Great deal man. Gotta like that deal of the day thing. Congrats!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

stop the presses!
in the spirit of fair and balanced reporting i must disclose that i am joining the ranks of unhappy MF customers as it pertains to this order.

i received an email today that the guitar that i ordered is on backorder as stated in my order,
(my order stated "in stock and ready to ship) and that they updated the status of items online every 15 minutes (i checked hours after placing my order and it still said "in stock and ready to ship")

the customer service person checked and they had a "negative" reflection on their stock ratio to orders taken on this item and that they would not be getting anymore from Washburn.
so they continued taking orders for an item that would not be replaced and that was not in stock at the warehouse.

needless to say i'm pretty unhappy about this, and would council against ordering anything online from MF for the next few months until they get their various computer systems communicating with each other.

interesting fact, i coach the daughter of the guy who recently installed and configured the computer gear at the new facility,
needless to say he's going to hear about this....

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

I could see this happening every once in a while but "The Stupid Deal of the Day", which just about everyone looks at?
It's bad business....

BJ

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well just to be fair to MF I just purchased a PA system from them, powered mixer, speakers, cables, mics etc. Got the order in less than 5 days. Was able to track it via UPS easily and had zero problems with the equipment or order.

So they get somethings right. I've bought a pedal and soemthing else I can't remember awhile ago without any issues either.

And I'm usually the type of person who can't wait to get something in the mail only to find out somethings wrong when I get it.

So far (knock on wood) my experiences with them have been good.

twisted - Sorry to hear you haven't had the same

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Now you know why this deal is called stupid !

Bad on MF.

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

That sucks, Lefty. The exact same thing happened to me with one of the more popular Gibson Guitars of the Week. The system said they had it in stock, even hours after I placed my order.

I called and raised hell with MF. Finally, they offered me several hundred $$ of any Gibson I wanted. Cool, right? I picked a Les Paul Deluxe, which I always wanted and it was delivered without incident. Unfortunately, that guitar had several issues, so back it went!

I understand that inventory systems are not perfect, but for a company that lives by its inventory, MF has a bad system. Needless to say, I don't shop at MF anymore.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I have to say that I've been ordering things from Musician's Friend for years now and have yet to have a bad experience with them. I know that it has to happen occasionally, but, luckily for me, it's managed to happen to other people!! I've had a few things on backorder that took a little while to get here, but they got here. All in all, I would have to say that MF has done a good job on everything I've ordered!

Sorry you had a bad experience, though! :?

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

They have been very inconsistent lately. Since July or so, when they started their warehouse move. Some people getting their orders right away, some not getting anything.

This news means they still haven't figured things out.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

stop the presses!

the customer service person checked and they had a "negative" reflection on their stock ratio to orders taken on this item and that they would not be getting anymore from Washburn.
so they continued taking orders for an item that would not be replaced and that was not in stock at the warehouse.

They do intend to affer an alternative from one of the other guitars in the same price range, don't they? If not, tell 'em it sounds like a classic bait and switch scam to you and you'll be in exploring your options under your states criminal and consumer laws.

It's an error on their end. "Oops. sorry!", is not an acceptable response.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

i have purchased several fairly expensive guitars and a bunch of other items totaling near $3000 fro0m them over the last few years and i have always stuck up for them when i read about others problems here and on other forums.
but this is beyond a casual oversight.
the SDotD is probably one of the most viewed links on the web everyday, i don't believe for a moment that they were unaware that orders that they could not fill were piling up.
Heck, i had to make sure that they canceled the order of the Case that i now had no guitar to fill it with.

They are getting an email to every link i can find until i get some sort of compensation.

<----stomps off

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Lefty:

From my experience, emails don't do it. Use the 1-800 phone number. You will first get a customer service representative who probably can't do much for you except apologize. Ask to speak to the manager/supervisor. When I got up a level in my complaining, then they offered me the money off on any Gibson I wanted in stock. The manager/supervisor is the only one with the authority to cut you a deal.

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

thanks for the suggestion but i've already talked to them and canceled the order.
the order had to be canceled because of the seperate case.

i thought of asking for a supervisor but my general good nature caused me to give up on it.
the emails were really just a way for me to vent frustration. if whoever reads these decides to offer some sort of compensation then thats fine, if not thats fine too.

funny thing is, i usually go to the MF as it's nearby, and have them cart what i want out of the warehouse, look it over, and either buy it, or tell them i changed my mind. this week i saw they were busy and figured i'd order online. never again.

they really don't owe me anything because i wasn't really damaged in any way other than disappointment, they just lost a sale

#4491....

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3