Notifications
Clear all

MF SDotD saga update with pics!

40 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

*Gulp* I ordered a Visual Sound 1-spot combo pack & some patch cables Sunday night... wonder if I'll ever see them... :shock:

Actually, I've (knock on wood) never had a bad experience from MF. It's the FedEx guys who leave my equipment sitting on my front door stoop for any passers by to snatch that I have a problem with. :evil:

Sorry about your bad experience TL.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

I also live fairly near the MF warehouse. (Nearer the old location than the new one, actually, and as a result if I'm looking for everyday stuff (strings and whatnot) I generally hit the GC out in Independence where I used to go to the MF warehouse.)

The one time I did go out to the new warehouse it did seem ... odd and in disarray. But then that was just after they'd made the move. I need to go out there again just to see how it's shaped up.

One thing's for sure - I'm glad that they stayed here in KC instead of moving to Nashville, which as I understand it was the other option that was being considered. Lots of jobs....

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

this week the place was a shambles like the old warehouse used to be with junk strewn all over the place.
i was hoping that they were going to make it a little more pro looking but.....

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

I've been in an ongoing MusiciansFriend.Com saga as well lately. I placed an order about two months ago for a pedal and a Blues Deluxe amp, I got both the pedal and the amp, however the amp had a busted corner so I decided to send it back. They were very helpful in the process and I returned everything, they processed the order and sent a new amp back out, but UPS lost it.

Well, I called UPS like 3-4 weeks ago and initiated a tracer on the package, told Musician's Friend about it and everything seemed like it was heading in the right direction. Eventually a UPS representative told me they had lost it and they were notifying the shipper about the loss and I should be in contact with Musicians Friend about it. Weeks later, I'm still stuck in this gray area where Musician's Friend won't do anything, be it re-sending the amp or giving me a refund, until they get a written letter from UPS saying that UPS indeed lost it. I talked with another UPS representative who says they've notified Musician's Friend. This has been going on for a couple weeks now. I talked with a Musician's Friend supervisor and was given no guarantee this would ever be resolved.

I talked with UPS the other day and they told me who they talked with, so hopefully I can go in next time I call with a little more knowledge about who handled my case on Musician's Friend's end. But it really is ridiculous, I hope I don't get stuck in a void where Musician's Friend will do nothing about my $700 dollar amp.

Outside of all this, I really have nothing negative to say about Musician's Friend other than it seems they don't actively try to settle open cases like mine. I've bought a guitar from them, a pedal and an amp. I probably won't buy something right away because I am a little soured on this experience, but overall they've been friendly on the phone and seem to get the product out ASAP. It seems people either have a really good experience with them or a terrible one.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

TL, you said "funny thing is, i usually go to the MF as it's nearby." Where is this warehouse?

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

TL, you said "funny thing is, i usually go to the MF as it's nearby." Where is this warehouse?
i live nearby the new facility in Kansas City Mo.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

"we are out of stock and Washburn will not be supplying any more of these, would you like to cancel your order?"
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-F11S-Solid-Cedar-Top-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=513822

i think i will be planning a trip down to MF this afternoon to talk to their management.
story developing........

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

That's just wrong.

Give 'em heck, Twisted!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, I talked to Customer service on the phone to hopefully save a trip down to the warehouse and low and behold my order (although canceled) was still in the system.
Unfortunatly the tweed case i ordered is now on backorder.

Luckily for me though, a black faux leather version ($10 less) is available and they waived the additional $10 shipping fee.
so now we wait....
will Twisted receive another black email?
will the order be left on the doorstep for my neighbor?
tune in soon for the (hopeful) end to this rivoting SDotD saga.....

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

The truth is out there...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

hee hee. I spent 3 and 1/2 years in mass e-retail. Some of it was spent auditing inventory flow. Lots of factors come into play here. None of which are malicious on their part. Just poor process, likely as a result of a combination of human error and/or software/data imperfections.

It takes a very mature warehousing system to be reliable. Some companies examine the cost of "maturity" versus cost of lost sales and decide that it's not worth it to get there. I agree that this is a short-sighted approach, but this IS the same company that runs GC. :roll:

Now, for TL's long-lost guitar and case.

First off, his case is in pergatory. TL, look at the case you ordered in a few days. I bet it's available. It was marked un-available for sale when you ordered it. It went to shipping. It's probable that it will not be marked as available until it's gone through the re-stocking process. In short, it's in a cart or some staging area. Not a safe place to sell from for larger operations, therefore software logic will apply a status that can be interpretted as in-house, but not ready for sale. Hence, a "0" for the customer ordering system.

Now for your guitar. It just didn't "appear" on the shelf. It had to be scanned in. Therefore, I bet you get it this time. The scanning activity is recent, meaning less time to get lost...unless scanned in wrong. (they most likely scan the product and scan the bin in pairs, but it means scanning the right sticker.) What happened to it originally? Who knows. Can't even be assured that it's the same exact one. Tons of possibilities.

Remember, these are automated systems. Despite being integrated, certain conditions mean certain things to different people. Customer service sees an indicator that tells them one of two things. Can or cannot sell. Purchasing sees a different indicator, meaning that it's in purgatory (or in house) and do not order. Fulfillment sees a different one, which might mean an action is required. Etc, etc, etc.

I'm rambling again. Good pain meds. :oops: :oops:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

although unable to verify yet,
i was told by CS that the package is in route out of state to the UPS facility in Kansas, where they will process it and put it on another truck back to Missouri.
i'm crossing my fingers.....

edit.....
confirmed and expected to arrive today!!!!!!
pics will be coming shortly after delivery.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Packages arrived, no damage, Happy Camper.
plays nice, may change strings. good action, no buzzing, nearly in tune.
very pretty, will take better pictures and update soon in gear thread.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Wow, that's a nice looking guitar. What model is it?

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3