Clear all

mixing tracks

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

This probably should go in the studio forum, but it was inspired by the recording program post so I thought I'd throw it up here. I have cool edit pro, got it from a pal. Can I use this to record and mix multi tracks? how?

Thanks
M

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Yes. CEP will do everything you ask, and probably more. It is a primo audio editing and processing app that will multitrack as well. How to use it? -- that is one long lesson. When I started using it several years ago, I never bothered with the manual, but played around with it. The thing one has to know is that it basically has two modes: Waveform view/recorder/editor and multi-track view/recorder/editor. Click on the squiggly audio wave icon in the upper left corner to toggle modes. In the latter mode, it works just like any multitrack recorder -- setup tracks to record various channels from the PC's sound-card, arm tracks and record. One can play back previously-recorded tracks during recording as well. Everything one would expect is there, including great filtering and delay effects -- more than anyone would ever use.

One also needs a reasonable PC: PII @ 500 MHz is about the minimum for multitracking and -- this is important -- lots of RAM (512 MB is good, 256 MB will be weak for more than a handful of tracks) and hard disk space.

Play around and have fun. Once you get familiar with it, you'll understand how truly "cool" it is.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote