Clear all

modern tools to slow down songs?

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@paulsc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

This is something I read about my favorite musician (Jerry Garcia)

in my own words........
He would slow down songs on a record player so he could get all the details and figure out what they were playing.

With record players not being a practical option are there any tools available to slow down the timing of songs without changing the pitch? Or being able to do something to isolate the guitars? Just curious.

paul

"How can you have an ego about running your hand across a piece of wood?"
- Col. Bruce Hampton

(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

I know that i think the company, tascam, makes a set of "trainers" for different instruments, they isolate the guitar track, and you can lower their speed, proportionally, to whatever you like.

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

I don't know about being able to isolate instruments, but there are plug-ins available for Winamp that allow you to do just what you describe, that is, slow down the tempo (quite a bit), and not change the pitch. I find it invaluable in help to learn songs. The one I use is called "Pacemaker". You can find it, and the Winamp program itself at:

http://www.winamp.com [/url]

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Microsoft Windows media player 9 has that option. So if your using Windows operating system it a free download.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

The first one available is still a good one. "The Amazing Slow Downer," found at: http://ronimusic.com/

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@dzieger)

>> Microsoft Windows media player 9 has that option. So if your using Windows operating system it a free download.

---

Hi there -

Could you explain how to do this with Media Player? I took a look at it after reading this, but couldn't find anything.

I've been wondering about this recently - the topic came up in guitar class, but nobody knew much about it except for expensive specialty CD players.

I'm currently downloading WinAmp + the plugin, so I'll give that a try too.

Thanks,

Dave

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Under the PLAY menu there is an option for PLAY SPEED. I think it is only starting in version 9.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote