Notifications
Clear all

Mostly rhythm

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@telefan)
Topic starter  

Anybody here play more rhythm than lead these days? Lately I find myself doing it and really enjoying the supporting role.

(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I'm an even split between the two nowadays - Now that I'm playing with a mate more often than playing alone I leave him to do strum chords and I try and put some extra interest into my part (without going nuts, obviously :wink:). For example, he'll strum a chord for a bar, and I'll play it as 'bass note, rake, then fingerpick-style the rest of the bar'. I'm enjoying that just as much as playing the lead parts and it makes a huge difference to the quality of the song.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
 Oric
(@oric)
Estimable Member

I've found myself playing a lot more rhythm bass lately. Lead bass is fun. Sometimes I do both in the same song!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Strictly rhythm and loving it.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

He knows all the chords ...... but he's strictly rhythm ... he doesn't want to make it cry or sing

Oh, me? Um ..... both as always. Don't pay attention to the percentages. Been playing alot with backing tracks so when it's time for the solo I take it.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

A quote from a true master of sitting on the fence between rhythm and lead :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I'm trying to better my timing so I've been primarily playing rhythm as well. I still practice my lead work, but when it comes time for the weekly jam, I'm on rhythm.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

I played electric guitar together with friends last weekend for the first time.
As I was new in the group I took it easy and played rythm guitar. It was the first time for me playing rythm with pick on a electric guitar (I normally do it with fingers on acoustic) and it was fun to find out new strumming patterns that fitted the song.

Kalle

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

both. generally seperately, but sometime i play rhythm on bass strings and lead on treble, or chords with fills, or a pedal note.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I played electric guitar together with friends last weekend for the first time.
As I was new in the group I took it easy and played rythm guitar. It was the first time for me playing rythm with pick on a electric guitar (I normally do it with fingers on acoustic) and it was fun to find out new strumming patterns that fitted the song.

Kalle

Congrats on the first jam session! I fear you'll be hooked. I still practice by myself but much prefer to jam with others now. I've even considered going from one day a week to two because I enjoy it so much.

Anyway, have fun!!!

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Anybody here play more rhythm than lead these days? Lately I find myself doing it and really enjoying the supporting role.

Abouty 50% of the time I'm the only guitarist in the band. I usually find myself doing both at the same time. Iguess you'd call it lead rythym.
:?

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote