Clear all

mp3 data parts

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@sapho)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

what happens to the audio song file after awhile?

I went to upload a file from my documents (my PC) and all I can find is data parts - a million files that aren't the original audio.

Is the original file gone? Can't I put the pieces back together somehow?

I need that audio file now? Where is it?

help!

Portamento - The ability to move from a wrong note to the right one without anyone noticing the original mistake.
Harmonics - The buzzing sound that string instruments make.
Impromptu - A carefully worked out composition.

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I have mp3 files that have been on my hard drive for years.
nothing like that has ever happened without "me" doing something to cause it.
compressing to a .zip or converting it and interupting the process in some way can mess up the file, also multitasking can mess up files if your PC isn't able to keep up.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@sapho)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

i wonder if emptying the temp cache is disrupting it or running the ad-aware scan,etc.

if i understood what the parts mean maybe i can put it back together again.

Portamento - The ability to move from a wrong note to the right one without anyone noticing the original mistake.
Harmonics - The buzzing sound that string instruments make.
Impromptu - A carefully worked out composition.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Can you start from the beginning? What is 'the audio song file', do you mean an MP3 file? Do you happen to record with Audacity? If so, find the audacity project file and load it. Audacity will then take all the data parts and combine it. Typically the project file is one layer above the data files. So in the folder with the project file is the 'Data_files' folder. After that you can re-export it to either Wave or Mp3. In general though not much happens to any file 'after a while', unless you do something yourself. Files don't actually do anything on their own, espescially music files.

Hope this helps and if not maybe some clarification would help. Good luck!

ReplyQuote