Clear all

music123

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@allergy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

http://www.Music123.com Has anyone here bought from them? I was wondering if they were reliable or not. They seem to be the only place I can find the Guitar Im looking for, for a good price.

They also have an Openbox version of the guitar for almost $100 cheaper. . I really dont have the money for the full $489. so I was wondering if an Openbox version would be a good Idea or not?
here is there description of Openbox
"LIKE NEW", but may have minor cosmetic imperfections. Original factory seal is not intact, but the product is GUARANTEED TO PLAY PERFECTLY. Includes a FULL MANUFACTURER WARRANTY and Music123's 45 day 100% satisfaction guarantee

Thank's any Advice would be nice. Here is a link to the guitar I guess. So you can check it out. http://www.music123.com/BC-Rich-Platinum-Pro-Ironbird-2003-i119424.music?source=linkshare

Pup
(@pup)
Estimable Member

thats is a nice looking guitar....but have you played that guitar yet? Don't buy just on looks alone. I've done that before, got burned too. never again, no, i refuse to buy a guitar until i actually play it first. If you got that kinda of money to spend then you need to make a trip to your local guitar store and find that guitar and play it. then if you like it, buy it from that store.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Online is OK but there is no comparison to buying locally for support and repairs. If you choose to go online then 123Music is not a bad choice since I have bought a number of things from them including an Epiphone electric and they have been very reliable.

One key thing to remember is that if you buy locally they usually throw in the first setup which you don't get online and that adds about $30 to the price if you need to get it set up in a local shop.

Good luck

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@apefeet)
Eminent Member

I have bought several things from Music123 over the years, never had
any problem with them. One was closeout digitial piano (not keyboard),
had to be shipped via big truck. But I am not sure I could purchase a
guitar online, some instruments just need to be played. Generaly I
support my local music stores, unless there is something they don't carry
or the price is just to low to ask them to match it. Keep in mind, if you
don't support your local music store, they may not be there when you
need a replacement string or like and will have to wait until you can order
it online.

Rich

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I've bought a couple of guitars off of the internet without any problems. Music123 has a generous return policy.

I've bought a number of things from Music123 and I don't have anything but good to say about them. They have excellent customer service.

ReplyQuote
(@jmb-d)
Estimable Member

I've bought a couple of guitars off of the internet without any problems. Music123 has a generous return policy.

I've bought a number of things from Music123 and I don't have anything but good to say about them. They have excellent customer service.

I bought my RIC from Music123, and my feelings are mixed -- about Music123, not the RIC...

I decided to buy from them because at the time (April 2002) they had the best price, hands down, on the RIC 4003 -- $976, free shipping. And even better, the website said "ships in 1-2 weeks". Cool, I thought -- I'll have it in time for my birthday, and in plenty of time for the Riverside Jam in August.

To make a long story, "ships in 1-2 weeks" translates to "we'll ship it in 1-2 weeks once we get it from RIC". Their estimated arrival time went from early June, to late June, to mid-July, to early August (I had plenty of email communication back and forth with them, including the idea that they would ship it to their store in Cherry Hil, NJ (my home town) and I would pick it up there -- on the way to the Jam), to September, and eventually November when it showed up.

About the return policy -- make sure that it applies to the specific item you're purchasing. Anything from RIC is considered a "special order" by Music123, and therefore is subject to a 25% non-refundable fee.

Their customer service is quite responsive, although I was less than pleased that they didn't just come right out and say "we don't really know when we'll get this item, as RIC sends them out as they make them; we're just making up the dates."

As with anything, YMMV, Batteries Not Included, Void Where Prohibited By Law, etc.

In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble.
-- Yun-Men

ReplyQuote
(@steveobouttorock)
Estimable Member

i've never used music 123 but i use musiciansfriend all the time to buy stuff an i've never had a proble, free shipping over 299$ an great rates for eveything else, check them out

be good at what you can do-

ReplyQuote
(@allergy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply's, I think I might go Run around town and Check out some local guitar shop's If I can find any good ones in the glendale/phx Arizona Area. Like Pup Said I should probably try it out, but I doubt Ill be able to find an Ironbird in any of the local shop's. Ill keep my finger's crossed. Who know's maybe Ill run into something I like/want even more.

ReplyQuote