Skip to content
Musicians Friend Is...

Notifications
Clear all

Musicians Friend Is the greatest Place ever!!!!

20 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Ok, I contiuned to check my email for a tracking # and never got one for like 3 days. So i called em and they said your bank is having a problem and needs your dad to call them. So i called my dad had him call the bank and that fixed that problem. However now my order wouldnt have gotten here until like next monday so I said oh well that sucks on the phone to them and they said oh dont worry sir, i have already reset the shipping on your order to next day air!!!! I was like omg thanks so much. There like no problem. Thats like a 115 dollar value i remember it said that. OMG THEY ROCK!!! I WILL BUY FROM NO ONE ELSE. Good business. :D :D

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@cmoewes)
Estimable Member

So what did you buy??!?!?!?!?

Living vicariously through other people's purchases.

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Jackson WRXT WARRIOR in METALLIC black, behringer gmx 220 amp, digitech death metal foot pedal, ernie ball strings and a new cord. :twisted:

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

So what did you buy??!?!?!?!?

Living vicariously through other people's purchases.

LOL
I have used MF for years and never had a problem , and its tax free!!!! YIPEEEEEE :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

You may want to check out this thread I wrote about MF... https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16917 .

I really hope they have improved since then....

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

I've spent more than I care to admit at MF, and have never had a problem with them. I'm waiting on a package as we speak....just some strings, and a guitar stand.....but they got the order shipped the same day I ordered it, and it's supposed to be here tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I too have had nothing but good experiences with MF. Nice to see there are still some companies out there that actually care about customer service.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

I too have had nothing but good experiences with MF. Nice to see there are still some companies out there that actually care about customer service.

and not just a small company, but a huge one like MF. Don't they also own GC?

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Don't they also own GC?
I'm not sure one of them owns the other or how that works, but they are the same company, yes.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

MusciansFriend.com is a subsidiary of Guitar Center.

Guitar Center is a publicly traded company, symbol GTRC. Trading on the NASDAQ National Market. If you are interested look at a 2 year or a 5 year pricing chart. You can get a good idea of what all our GAS has done.

As for me, I can easily say I've made more money from them than they have from me.

I've searched MF numerous times but have never bought from them as I have numerous stores in my area. But when SmokinDog said that they didn't charge sales tax I figured it was because there was no GC in his state. I checked and MF would not charge me tax either and there are numerous GC's in my state. This surprised me.

MF's site states that they only charge sales tax in Utah , Missouri , and Washington. They must have their warehouses/operations in those states. We should be quiet about it though because it is only a matter of time before our beloved politicians pass a law that if a parent company does business in a state than any subsidiary of the parent must charge sales tax in that state irregardless of where the operations of the subsidiary are located. I know the local politicians around here cry and cry about lost revenue due to the internet.

Boring... I know... keep moving along.. nothing to see here.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i have had both good and bad experiances at MF.

as some of you may remember i have the luxury of living near the KC retail/warehouse/distribution center.

if you don't mind rummaging around a bunch of returned junk then it's a great way to spend a weekend morning searching for a neck or body or some misc electronic gizmo that someone returned because it had a run in the paint or a scratch.

i have spent a bunch of $ there over the last few years and i have befriended several of the sales staff so i sometimes get a heads up on some nice toys.

that said i have had a few bad experiances also, when i bought my OE-30 i was bullied into not getting a epiphone case by a salesperson that swore it wouldn't fit. the catch was she wanted to sell me a washburn case that cost over twice as much. after researching on the web i decided to take a chance and buy the epi case. it fit perfect and i quickly crossed that salesperson off my x-mas card list.
on the otherhand several of the staff there are really helpful and have saved me $.

i also feel the guilt from shopping there as opposed to the local shops as i know it is putting them out of business but that's how capitalism works.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hey Twisted, I love that thing about the BATF! :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I too have had nothing but good experiences with MF. Every order to date has come quickly and without issue.

I got my Squier Black & Chrome Tele last night. It is missing the top strap button, however, that's not really MF's fault. The guitar was perfect otherwise.

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Music123 has always treated me right. Once I ordered a B-Stock pedal online, and the pedal was sold at the same time I placed my order. They called me up, apologized and sent me a brand new one for the same price. $50 off a new pedal, not a bad deal.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Music123 has always treated me right. Once I ordered a B-Stock pedal online, and the pedal was sold at the same time I placed my order. They called me up, apologized and sent me a brand new one for the same price. $50 off a new pedal, not a bad deal.
I had exactly the same experience with them on a guitar. Ordered open box but it was sold so they sent me a new one for the same price. $150+ off. They actually sent me a good news - bad news e-mail.

Bad news - open box sold. Good news - sending new for the same price.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2