Clear all

muting with distortion

24 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

thanks cnev - but i have been using this video http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JOOyvfVUo3Q&feature=PlayList&p=22F1FF7AE57BA2BC&playnext=1&index=25
to learn from and it seems pretty comprehensive.

he splits the song up into 3 sections and i switch between them.
the section i am referring to regarding muted picking is the second part he explains on the video. (at around the 4 minute 20 mark)

thanks again

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I'll check it out when i get home can't watch streaming video at work

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Al,

I checked out the video. I'll send you the tab I have. do what you want with it but this guys version doesn't sound right to me , especially the chorus.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Almann, you state that it sounds good at bedroom volumes but not cranked. As stated by David, be carefull of the headphones. If you are using a tube amp then maybe an attenuator is in order as you can get that cranked tube tone without the volume, however you will not get that cranked speaker sound. I watched the video and to be honest, there is not that much OD or distortion going on.

There maybe more going on then your technique. If it sounds good at low volume then it should sound good loud. Look at EQ, low quality amp tubes, pedal settings, and crappy speakers.

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

cheers guys - cnev, do you need my email address or can you attchtch things to a pm here??

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Al,

Looks like I need your email address. I don't see where to add it in a PM. I made a copy but one side got cut off I will recopy and send as soonas I get your email.

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

much appreciated. ill send my email address in a Pm. thanks Cnev.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Al,

On it's way. let me know if you have any questions, it might be a bit confusing since it's more than just regular tab.

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

i havde just got it cnev, and sent you a reply. thanks again for takingt the time to do that. :D

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2