Clear all

My 1 year guitar playing anniversary

16 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@usaf_chrisa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well its been a long year! I got my first guitar christmas eve and started playing right around this time at night. I think I have come a very long way, some of you have heard some of my recordings. I now own an acoustic, a 12-string, a bass guitar, a classical guitar, a drum set, a whole array of recording stuff... and much more! Its been loads of fun so far and I dunno if I would have kept it up if it weren't for the encouragement and help I've got from this website. So thanks guys!

Top 3 albums of all time:
1. Abbey Road
2. Dark Side of the Moon
3. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

(@alangreen)

Way to go dude.

Lots of people get guitars as presents this time of year, and some of them will end up here as confused and helpless as you were a year ago. It's when you start passing on that knowledge to the newbies that you realise exactly how much you've learned.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Way to go Chris. It only in meeting these anniversaries that we get better cause as each one passes it means we stuck with it a little longer. KEEP IT UP

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@nopeddler)

Congratulations Chris.

It sounds like you are progresing well. Keep up the good work.
I always enjoy hearing people progress in their craft.

Merry Christmas.

Gary

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I am impressed with all the instruments you own in just one year. :D

Just keep playing and practicing as much as possible, that is the only secret there is.

Merry Christmas and many more guitar anniversaries to you.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member

Congrats. I've only been playing a month and this site has help me alot too. Keep it up Chris and in 11 months, you can congradulate me. I'm 52 and always regretted not learning music. Now I'm "retired" and can practice all day long. :wink: and loving it!

G W Roach (Don't BUG me while I'm practicing!)

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Way to go, Chris (and GWR too)! Keep going, you are doing very well for one year in.

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Congrats Chris. Time probably flew by, eh? I hope I can say the same as you next year. :)

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Keep rocking!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Great News !

For me it should be around atleast 1-1/2 years of guitar playing.

Hope to hear more of your recordings in the upcoming year.

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congrats Chris! 8)

You better pace yourself this year, or can you imagine the amount of gear you'll have this time next year! :shock: :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congratulations Chris!

I heard some of your recordings and I thought you have more time playing! Great! :D

Nuno

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Hey, congrats!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@stratfetish)

Congrats

So many guitars so little money.

ReplyQuote
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member

Like I said before, I've only been at this for about a month, HOWEVER, I'm loving it so much I think I'm ready for my next acoustic guitar. What would be the next step above a Yamaha Gigmaster? I bought the Yamaha on sale for $130.00 at a holiday sale; I guess the next one would be between $200. and $300. Would it be worth it at this time, or should I wait until I have a little more experience? Would I feel the difference? Don't say to go to the store and try one; I'm still too paranoid to play in public. :oops: Thanks, Gary

G W Roach (Don't BUG me while I'm practicing!)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2