Clear all

My First Open Mic!!!!

41 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

should I wear my "England" t-shirt? Or is that a red rag to a bull?

Wear it and wear it with pride!!! It's what the day is about....pride in what YOU believe in!

Yes, it's about America but, we have a lot of people from other countries here as well.

I wish I could be there with you guys and gals!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Well my first experiance wasn't so good... I got there with my guitar, and the "open mic" ended up being a bluegrass band! :evil: I was willing o try to play, but soley because I had a strat, he said I wouldn't fit in and he told me to try somewhere else (Well, duh I'm not gonna fit in, but he could at least gave it a try)... And then we went to the other place that we remembered having an open mic, and they advertised it, but it was acoustic only, so we had to drive all the way back to my house (20 miles, and that's expensive considering the price of gas nowadays) and get my acoustic.... Then we got there, and the guy said they stoped doing open mics three months ago!! :evil: :evil: They sould've at least taken down the ad's....

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Awww, that's a real downer, Yoyo...but hey, at least you can say "Ner-ner, I was on Telly last week....

Tracker...decide against the "England" t-shirt...i think the "Cavern Club" one might be more fun on the day.....

Can't wait to see Dylan!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

I was there and saw it all !!!! Well done Chris. I'm just wishing I hadn't flogged my E/acoustic now, but hey needs must when etc. etc.
It takes some balls to get up in front of piers and do youre best but you didnt shame yourself at all.

Again Well done

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Keep pushing him Rodders, he reckons you're the musician in the family..

Make him practise those barres!!!!

Oh Yeah....Alan Green mentioned something a few weeks ago, we tried to get a british GN seminar organised last year, it didn't come together for various reasons....if we could get something organised, say in September, would you two be interested?

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Sounds good to me

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Suppose we could make him practice my latest offering on The Easy Song Database. Chock full of them
And a sound byte too.!! Wooohooo

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Ahh you guys!

I'm not worthy of such praise!

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Awww, that's a real downer, Yoyo...but hey, at least you can say "Ner-ner, I was on Telly last week....

Vic

Mr. Lewis, I can garauntee the our young friend was not on me last week or anywhere near me. I do not nor have I ever lived at the neverland ranch nor do I have any plans to have any plastic surgery and I have absolutley no desire to grab my crotch and sing in a falsetto voice. :lol:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

LMAO Tele....umm, a little English slang crept in there...."Telly (Note spelling) = Television = TV" (or the tube, the idiot box, whatever else you feel like calling it....)

And hey, I know you take your music seriously...so crotch-grabbing and falsetto squealing are definitely out....as are any further allusions to the only person (?) on the planet to have had more (and worse!!!) plastic surgery than Jocelyn Wildenstein....

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@waltaja)
Estimable Member

hey! the falsetto worked for Prince. that guy is pretty talented!

"I got a woman, stay drunk all the time!"

-Led Zeppelin-

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3