Clear all

My First Post/Question

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@svartingr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

My graduation is coming up and my dad promised me a new electric guitar under $200. I found the Washburn Idol WI14 Kit for $199 on ActiveMusician and wanted to know your opinions on it.

(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

Haven't played one myself, but the WI14 got a 9.7 overall in seven reviews I read. All but one user rated the sound at least a 9, and the guy who said the sound was a 6 thought that maybe somebody at the factory had goofed and installed a neck humbucker in the bridge position. :roll:
I don't know if/how the Randall RG15G is different from an RG15, but the latter got an overall 7 for seven reviews. Only one reviewer really dumped on the amp's sound quality, saying it was a 3.
I have used the eMedia software, and I think that's a real bonus with that package deal.
If you get a color choice with the package deal, which color would you go for?

ReplyQuote
(@svartingr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

This is mine.

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

so are you saying you have already bought it?
because you can get an Agile for $199 and they are supposed to be excellent for the money
http://www.rondomusic.net/electricguitar.html

ReplyQuote
(@svartingr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I haven't bought it yet, but that's the color I want.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I've heard great things about the agiles, do look into all of the kits on musicians friend as well.

Also, I recommend starting out on an acoustic if this is going to be your first guitar. No amp or chords, just the instrument. Plus you can't cover up your mistakes with distortion.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@svartingr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

This wouldn't be my first guitar. I have an acoustic and have performed with it in front of people.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Yeah then look at the agiles. Sadly their isn't much you can get for under 200 thats "quality". Maybe you can add to the funds and pitch in to be in the 300 or so range. Theirs a lot more options then. The Fender Strat and Epiphone Les Paul Studio are two popular and quality guitars in the 300-400 range. Do you have an amp by the way?

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@catsworth)
Estimable Member

I think the 7 (or so) reviews mentioned earlier might be these ones here:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Washburn/WI14-1.html

Hopefully they will help you a little bit :)

Rumour has it that if you play Microsoft CDs backwards you will hear Satanic messages.

Worse still, is that if you play them forwards they will install Windows.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Svartingr! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

I have that guitar in sparkle blue.............

In fact, it's the one I'm playing in my avatar. I have absolutely no complaints about it at all. IMHO, it's a great beginning guitar. :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@svartingr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

The Agiles are nice, but are any of those kits (as in coming with an amp or something...)?

ReplyQuote