Clear all

My First Recording!

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys, just got my first recording done. I just did something simple as a test. I think it sounds great, except for the hiss. I'm gonna try and work on getting that out of there.

check it out at
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=350711&T=5321

if you have any suggestions for getting rid of the hiss, would love to hear them. Thanks.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Pretty sweet, the hum isn't too bad. :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@rocker4life)
Eminent Member

It sounds gr8t! Have you tired turning down the recording level on the microphone?I think that might get rid of some of the hiss,great playin 8)

"We play it the way the air is in America today. The air is slightly
static isn't it ? You know what I mean ? " -Jimi

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

RollnROCK89,

Great test run 8) - only suggestions for the hiss is as rocker4life suggested and make sure all your cables are in good shape plus make sure the any cell/wireless phones are a good distance away.

BS

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys.

People are asleep right now, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow, but i'll try lowering the recording level.

yoyo:i know the hums not that bad, but i dunno, its gonna haunt me until ive gotten rid of it.

I am very impressed with the equipment that I bought, some good high quality stuff for great prices. I never thought that the recordings would sound so good. Soon I plan on getting some full songs recorded with my half band, another guitarist, and a bassist whos got a great voice. Thanks for the compliments and suggestions.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

BTW talking about recording, has anybody used one of those $99 4 track tape recorders? Could I run the line out of my amp into it? And could I plug an SM57 into directly, or would I need a mixer to do all of this? I'm looking to screw around, maybe get a few ideas down, then rent a recording studio and make the final product for a demo. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I'm gonna post this in the Recording forum.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

sounds great, i barely noticed the hum. keep up the good work!

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

The hum ain't that bad. Try turning up the volume on the amp and the mic volume in audacity down. You also might want to try and move the mic closer to the amp.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote