Clear all

My Greco Guitar

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@nahsan)
Topic starter  

Hi,

I am new around this board, thought i would get an expert review on an old greco guitar that I bought. Its a Greco-Zemaitis GZ-2500-IF Guitar, picture -> http://www.mesaboogiehollywood.com/Guitars/Zemaitis+GZ/GZ-2500if-Black-LG.htm
Got it for 10,000 rupees (that's equal to $166). One of the pickup has been replaced, i noticed the silver color screw on them which do not match with the other standard golden color screws.

(@improvgtrplyr)
Estimable Member

i'm no expert but it looks like a les paul copy. does it sound like a gibson? if so, you got a sweet deal :D

ReplyQuote
(@muddy)
Trusted Member

very slim waistline on that one.. looks good... how does she play?.. looks like a full two octave neck.. nice

LIVELY UP YOURSELVES!!

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I don't know anything about Greco-Zemaitis guitars, but it may well be a co-operation with A Japanese guitar manufacturer by the name of Greco. Their guitars were well regarded along with Burny and Tokai, which were all cloners of US guitars, mostly LPs and Strats. They were probably the reason that Gibson created the Orville brand, which was built in Japan, to compete with them.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

And Welcome to the boards by the way...

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Nice guitar, and welcome to the board.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote