Clear all

My guitars :)

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter  

Ok, FINALLY got access to a camera, so thought I'd put it to good use and
show you all what I've been trying to play for the last few years ;)

The classical guitar used to be my mum's, and is over 40 years old! Has a sweet, warm tone, the notes just seem to flow together!

The acoutsic is electro-acoustic, and is the newest additon to the family. Sadly I was playing before I took this photo and snapped my low E string - guess a thick pick has downsides ! :)

My electric is a Yamaha SVG300, picked up up just 'cos of how it looked, turned out to sound awsome as well. And check out that headstock! :D

Pete

(@clazon)
Honorable Member

I know of someone who owns that Yamaha and I've watched him play and that guitar certainly plays well for soloing and stuff.

I'd love an electro-acoustic.

:cry:

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Nice axes man. I like the classical guitar, and nothing sounds quite like aged wood.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member

WOW. those are some nice guitars you got. i especialy like that electric. its got the body of a fender jag and the head stock of God knows what.
GIT SNAKE BIT

"I'm as free as a bird now. And this bird you can not change" Free Bird, By: Lynyrd Skynyrd
GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

That is the wildest looking Yamaha electric I've seen.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter  

LOL thanks Bish, the first time I took it to my local guitar shop for a complete tune up the guy kept asking if he could buy it from me! I've never found anywhere online selling it either, think it wasn't made a whole lot. Though I could be wrong! :)

ReplyQuote
 sean
(@sean)
Trusted Member

wow that electric looks cool!!
where did you find that little gem?

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

Sean

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter  

cheers sean, it is a little gem :)

I picked it up at my local guitar shop (here in the UK called Coda Music), where (according to the guy who sold it to me) it had been sitting on the shelf for months since it came in as no-body had paid any interest in it, probably because of it's unusual looks (the headstock is huge in case you didn't notice ;) also the body is 'reversed' from the traditional strat-type body, with the larger of the 'horns' on the floor side of the body instead of the top side).

Anyway I brought it home, cleaned it up and here I am! IMO I was extremely lucky to pick up such an awsome sounding and looking guitar for under £200, everything else I've played since has sounded like crap compared to it!

Never giving this baby up!

Pete

ReplyQuote
 sean
(@sean)
Trusted Member

well done!! im going round a few music stores at the weekend to see if i can find a little gem myself......im a bit dubious about ordering over the net even though the guitars are really cheap..

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

Sean

ReplyQuote