My Modes Tool for all to use

13 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@gary-j-foreman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi all,

I have created a Modes Tool in flash, it is on my homepage and all are welcome to use it or download it to use, feel free, hope it's of as much use to some of you as it is to me, thats why I made it!!.

Cheers,
Gaz.
:wink:

http://www.highgate38.freeserve.co.uk/gazweb

any feedback good or bad welcome!

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Gaz

Thanks and welcome to GuitarNoise.

That was excellent. Maybe I can start to figure out these modes! :?

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

That is very cool. Thanx so much and welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@gary-j-foreman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks,

I think thats a better modes flash file than the others I did but i'm still learning the flash program and have only just worked out how to make things dragable, I also did a large one for the Rockhouse Method. com website, but you have to be a member of theirs to view it, i will post a link anyway as it shows a bit about it on their homepage without you having to register. Their DVDs are pretty good and I was working with John McCarthy who is the president of rockhouse and the guy in the rock DVDs.

http://www.rockhousemethod.com

The lessons on Modes on this site are very good, especially the simple way of explaining them in the key of C
CDEFGABC ionian
DEFGABCD dorian
EFGABCDE phrygian

etc.......

good stuff...

ReplyQuote
(@omega)
Estimable Member

Welcome. :D .

That programs great....thanks very much :)

Somnium Dulcis.

ReplyQuote
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

Modes become really easy if you know your major cales on the piano. Then all you have to do is picture it in your mind. Of course, it helps alot of you know all teh notes on your guitar ( something I haven't gotten around to:oops: ).

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
(@gary-j-foreman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

e sherman
at least two strings are the same, once u've mastered the E string then theres only 4 more and they repeat after the 12th fret which is handy

lol

there's a diagram of the notes on the fretboard on my site too.

by the way I still have to stop and think and work out where they are!
lol
8)

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Modes become really easy if you know your major cales on the piano. Then all you have to do is picture it in your mind. Of course, it helps alot of you know all teh notes on your guitar ( something I haven't gotten around to:oops: ).

very true, once you know your scales along with the notes on the neck, finding out where the modes are isn't hard. What can be tricky is writing with modes and establishing the tonal center. Great program for learning shapes though.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

Thanks!
M :)

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

That Modes flash thing is pretty helpful! Thanks!

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

That's the way to start a relationship here by offering you mode charts. I like how the numbers fly onto the fret board!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@fretzky)
Eminent Member

Thank you Gaz! Great program. Nice interface, esp. the slide rule. It'll be helpful, as I start to apply myself more to theory.

Welcome to the Forums :D

Cheers
Geoff

ReplyQuote
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member

Who said practice was the only practical ability of the guitarist.

Bravo mon amis.

Kido

ReplyQuote