Clear all

My New Baby -- NOW WITH PICS!

21 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

So I stopped in the local Guitar Center on my way to work today to play with the hollow bodies nad try and make up my mind as to which one I wanted.

I've been debating between a few models for months now and just haven't been able to make up my mind.

Well, what do I see on the wall but a used Ibanez Artcore AF85 in the dark violin burst finish.

The price on it was insanely low, and there wasn't a scratch or mark on it.

So I take it and play it for a few minutes through a Fender tube amp and I just couldn't pass the deal up. There's not a scratch on this instrument. I talk the salesman to toss in some flat wounds and a hard shell case. I'll take it to my luthier tomorrow to get the setup done (it came with 9s and the flatwounds are 12s).

I'm going to still get a "true" jazz box, but now my sights are set higher .. probably going to use this baby 'till I can save up for a real Gibson . . which will be after I finish my gig rack . . . so who can recommend some good pre-amps for jazz :)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Patzer, you idiot, you know there's an unspoken rule that you can't post about your new gear without PICS!!! :evil: :evil: :lol:

Congrats man, hope you have fun with it! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Congrats ... and good choice, KP. It should be a great, no-worries gigging guitar.

From the jazz usenet group, a rack pre-amp that is popular is the Presonus microphone tube pre-amp/EQ. It has both mic and hi-Z inputs, plus balanced analog outs, and 24 bit digital out. So it is appropriate for studio and live, instrument and mic. Check it out: Presonus

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@shift)
Estimable Member

Sounds great to me, king.

I've been looking at semi-hollows lately as well, an Ibanez Artcore series is on my list,

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Patzer, you idiot, you know there's an unspoken rule that you can't post about your new gear without PICS!!! :evil: :evil: :lol:

Congrats man, hope you have fun with it! :)

Hey Yoyo, I'd love to post a pic but someone stole my digital camera . . . :(

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Now if you hadn't bought the guitar, you'd be able to afford a new digital camera,,,to take pics of the guitar you couldn't afford...hmmm...who needs cameras !!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

(And the voices in my head are STILL saying..."you haven't got a hollow-body... you haven't got a hollow-body...."

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Quote: "so who can recommend some good pre-amps for jazz"

Here's a list of a few Rack mounted tube pre amps ADA MP-1, ADA MP-2, SGX-2000 Express, Mesa Boogie (Studio, Formula, Quad, Trixis), Rocktron (Chameleon, Piranha, VooDu, Gainiac), Marshall .JMP-1. You can also use any all tube amp as a preamp by running it into a dummyload, line out into an equalizer and go from there. I'm using 8 El-84's 100 watts Mono as a preamp.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Vic,

you need a hollow body ...

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Vic
You need a hollow body and a semi-hollow body.

Sorry to hear about the camera Patzer. Get some pics up when you can. Personally I'm dreading the day I go looking for a hollow body. :lol:

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Cool score. Nothin wrong with those Ibanez jazz boxes, no sir.

The only thing wrong is...

Oh, and I hear lots of recommendations for The Brick over in the recording forum. Good for recording or DI apparently.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I should have a camera in a day or three. Pic goodness will be coming soon.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

just kidding. I'm sorry to hear about the camera...

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Cool purchase! Got the AF75 in sunburst myself a few days ago. I've never seen an Ibanez Artcore which wasn't put together with great care, have fun!

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Oh sweet mama... :lol:

Nice! Love that matching pickguard! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2