Clear all

My new Fender Telecaster (& Pics)

60 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
10.9 K Views
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Congratulations Vic. I'd love to have a Tele, but I really don't need one right now. I suppose I should start a band and convince myself to get one.

Looking foward to seeing pictures man.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

This Thread is useless without pictures. :evil: :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

So - I went out this afternoon, armed with a full wallet, and a shopping list. The one thing I couldn't find was another Squier Tele - I was looking for the Squier Custom II with the P90's - and I saw the most BEAUTIFUL Fender Telecaster - white, with P90's - and I knew I had to have it. So I did.

My god, the neck is sooooooooooooo smoooooooooooth......makes all the other guitars I've played look like babies toys. It's a REAL, serious, rock'n'roll guitar. :D :D :D

Vic

:D

From July 19th:
... it's good to see someone else who's found the perfect guitar for themselves and it isn't a Gibson or Fender!

Looks like you joined the Dark Side after all Vic. :D :D

Good to hear that you had such a successful trip - there's nothing like setting out with a full wallet and a shopping list, and then coming home with something that really rings your bells. Sounds like a delight.

I set out this morning on a more modest errand. But I did explain to my Mrs that music shops can exert powerful force fields that occasionally drag unwary passers-by into their clutches... :shock: Sure enough I got pulled into one and ended up trying out a nice plain wood finish Squier Strat (having remembered how much you like your Squier Tele). Oddly enough Vicki knew about these force fields, but had the odd notion that they only occurred around bead shops, clothes stores and shoe shops?? :?

Looking forward to photos and sound clips. But we won't expect you to have any free hands to hold a camera for a while... :wink:

Cheers.

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Pictures eh?

Well here's a couple of web-cam pics to be going on with - I'll get some proper ones later.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Congratulations Vic. I'd love to have a Tele, but I really don't need one right now. I suppose I should start a band and convince myself to get one.

I didn't actually NEED one - but I managed to convince myself I did. It was the first guitar I saw in the shop - it SANG to something in my soul. I had to go to the pub on the corner for a couple of drinks and try to persuade myself it wasn't what I wanted, it was too expensive, Marilyn is going to go ape****..... none of those arguments worked.

The other strange thing - I'd been gassing for a new amp as well. I'd wanted a cube30 for ages, but after trying Darth Ordinary's Vox ADT30V, I'd pretty much decided on that instead. I did try the Tele through both amps - the Cube won. It just sounded a little warmer - the Vox was almost too perfect, if you know what I mean. A little too sterile, almost clinically clean, where I prefer something a little rougher around the edges.

I'll try and get some soundclips later. I can't believe I actually got out of bed at 6am to make sure it wasn't just a dream! And of course, once up I had to have a cuppa tea and while the kettle was on I just sort of picked the guitar up for a few minutes.....over an hour ago.....sounds just as nice unplugged!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Nice tele. When do we hear it ?

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

nice color!

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Very nice, very "you" Vic! :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congratulations Vic! Very, very nice Tele. I like the color very much. Send us some sound clips when you can, the guitar must sound great!

And you know: The heart has reasons that reason does not understand.

Congrats! :D

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

hehe, yeah Vic & Chris, I hear ya. The Battleaxe (my wife....can't remember her real name) and I have been married 18+ years. In all that time, the only time she's ever came close to crabbing about a purchase were several times that I've come home with guitar gear. I could leave the house right now and come home in two hours with a new Harley, but if I picked up a cheap $100 Squire like a lot of people got, I'd get that look.....

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Alright, now that's one awesome looking axe.

That color combo is dynamo!!! :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Looks nice, Vic. I love white Teles. Good job convincing yourself to get it.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Oddly enough Vicki knew about these force fields, but had the odd notion that they only occurred around bead shops, clothes stores and shoe shops??

When I told my girl that I had a habbit of buying music gear she didn't care too much. That changed when she noticed I also knew more about the new Dolce & Gabbana summer collection then she did. Oh, aybody new you could get violin bows with custom engravings in silver? :D

ReplyQuote
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Sweet looking guitar, Vic. I myself am off to puruse the various guitar stockists in my town, I have had GAS for a while now, and now that I have a job+paycheck......I feel a purchase of a 12-string coming along.......and maybe something else too :D :D

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Wow! Congratulations, Vic! She looks awesome. 8)

Enjoy!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4