Notifications
Clear all

My New Floyd Rose Guitar

26 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Picked one off the wall at my local store yesterday and tried it unplugged: Very nicely finished neck -- especially the fret ends. Enjoy.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

The frets edges on mine are perfect. The only gripe that I have about this guitar so far is the color. I wanted the blue that is in the close up of the FR trem, but I got a blue that looks almost faded and has no pearl in it. The MF website has 2 different blues in that model, and I just chose poorly LOL. Its a small complaint tho, as the color has grown on me.

I'ts a KEEPER!

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

If the guitar plays well and sounds good, the colour would be the last thing I would be looking for.

Good to hear that its a keeper. You don't find good electrics for only 150$ easily...

ReplyQuote
(@itchard)
Trusted Member

it looks awesome.

i'm really looking forward to getting a guitar with a floyd (probably an OLP or something), but I havn't seen an official Floyd Rose Guitar before. Not sure if they're sold in the UK that much.

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Itchard,

I'm not sure but I think these guitars are being discontinued, or maybe musiciansfriend.com is just getting rid of theirs. Anyways, you might find more info at floydrose.com as to whether they are sold in the UK.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Can you use any strings with these, or only the speedloaders?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I haven't changed the strings yet. So I am assuming that they are just regular strings. The speed loader guitars don't have tuners on the head stock.

I am kinda wanting a speed loader now that I have this. I was hoping that maybe before they run out of them that MF will have a sale for $99. I'm a dreamer.

PS. It took me 3 days of emailing and calling MF Customer Service to get this guitar. The website had the price at $149 but it kept charging me $69 for shipping. Customer service couldn't take paypal and I was trying to use the money that I had built up in my account. Well finally, on the 3rd day they fixed the website. I ordered it as soon as I saw it was fixed. Right after my order, I checked the price and they had already jacked it back up to $299. So it was a very close call. In retrospect I probably should have bought it on the phone but at the time, I didn't KNOW how good this guitar was and I was pretty suspicious that the tremolo was not an Original Floyd Rose. I'm fairly certain that it is and the rest of the guitar is made very well, IMO.

ReplyQuote
(@boogieman)
Trusted Member

I just clicked on your link and purchased a black on for $149.

Thanks for the heads up.

ReplyQuote
(@itchard)
Trusted Member

I thought they were all $300?

Yeah, I think you were right when you said they were being discontinued. All of the models that I saw on floydrose.com didn't have tuners on the headstock.

And they don't ship to the UK either. So many other countries, but not the Uk :(

Ah well. Ernie will get my money instead :)

Anyways, nice find. It looks like a really nice guitar anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Did I predict this or what. Today's Stupid Deal of the Day at MF is a Speed Loader Guitar by Floyd Rose($99). I know I said I want one but I have NO room left in my house. Hopefully if anyone wants one, today you can get a DEAL.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Ok, I don't think I even want this guitar, but $99 for a Floyd Rose-equipped guitar and free shipping??

Must resist....

Someone - tell me why I shouldn't buy this?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2