My new Strat Deluxe - PICTURES ADDED

35 Posts
27 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

ok... pictures will be coming soon...

I asked everyone for their input on a Stratocaster color scenario about a month ago... and (of course) I ignored all the GN suggestions and bought something with a totally different color scheme!!! I recent picked up a Candy Tangerine Strat Deluxe with maple neck. W O W.

Let me tell you... I'm finally off the fence and securely on Citizen Noir's front lawn... all these less-expensive guitars are fine and fun to play around with, but once you have a professional quality guitar in your hands you realize there really is no comparison. I have a wonderful Schecter c1+ with Duncan USA pups and I LOVED it... but now it never gets played. The Strat is the only thing I grab. What a difference.

In fact, I'm probably going to sell the Schecter and the Fender Tele Custom (setneck beauty from Korea with DiMarzios) that I have to fund a Gibson Les Paul Classic. Having all these entry- and mid-level guitars isn't the answer. I'm going to stick with 2 or 3 high-quality instruments from now on.

Seriously, I can't believe the difference.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Ooooh! Red! Cool! Pretty! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Ooooh! Red! Cool! Pretty! :D
Yeah I like it too!

Once you get your hands on a Strat it's hard to let go.

Enjoy

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

yep -- nice looking!

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Dali,

That is a cool color better than the ones posted. I agree with you on the quality thing..even though I only own the mid-level MIM Strat and a Jackson dinky.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i usually don't like the way superstrats look compared to strats, but that's a fine looking piece of machinery.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It is actually must more rust/red-orange in color than red. And it has a metallic paint job... kinda like a surf-strat in a way. It has all parchment plastic parts (fake Mother of Pearl on the pickguard) so it goes nicely with the orange/red color.

CNEV, but that Jackson has the cool flame paint job, right? I dig that...

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Yea Dali it does and unfortunately that's kinda what drew me to it. It does have a nice sound I just hate the Floyd Rose. The wife has a much better Jackson that she told me she wanted to pawn today but I told her to hold off. I may post it here and see if anyone is interested.

If anyone wants to hear what it sounds like I posted some songs of hers in the Hear Here section..under the title Hardcore Guess Not...I called Hardcore anyone at first but no one listened so I changed the title.

But back to your strat. I have the exact same thought process I want a REAL Strat MIa and a Les Paul Classic and that's all I would need. I like my Strat but you it just doesn't cut it tone wise for certain songs.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Dude, your wife is a shredder too?? Cool!

Hey, you get $350 for the Jax and $300 for the MIM and you have $650 toward a US Strat. You can get used Strat Deluxe models for $800 - 950, and American Standards for $650 - 800 so you are not that far off.

I had (at one point) 8 import electrics, ranging from MIM and MIK Strats to ESP to Hamer... I'm downsizing to 3. Most likely I'm looking at my Deluxe Strat, a LP Classic, and possibly a US Tele or a US Strat with a Floyd Rose...

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well I'm not sure I'd call her a shredder, more hardcore. If I post a picture of the Jackson (which is like a crimson red) I'll pu tthe link again to her songs that I already have posted this way someone can hear what it sounds like.

But the band played hardcore so it all has a very heavy sound to it.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

that strat is a show stopper. definately stage worthy. not too much bling. just right.

I am so pleased to hear you talk about the quality of experience when handing the real thing. sure, Squires, Agiles, and lower cost guitars can sound, play and feel good. but the American Strat or Tele are in a class by themselves when it comes to detail workmanship. you feel it every time you pick it up. now you know. I stopped trying to explain this a while ago. the message board Warmouth and Agile players could not be convinced.
you will enjoy your guitar for a long time. actually, it will out live you.
make babies now.
or we all have dibs. :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

welcome to the deluxe strat club congrats and enjoy!

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Congrats on the strat.....good lookin' female dog.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats Dali! I'm envious. I like the color. There were a couple that didn't make the polls you put out that I liked.

I've never owned a "good grade" electric. The highest quality I have is the Epi LP Custom. I'm sure it's worth it though. I know it when I pick up a Taylor acoustic as opposed to others, that's for sure. I just don't think I'm there yet with electric.

Tell me, in your opinion, does the better quality translate more with rhythm, or with lead...or both? Just curious.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Well, I can't argue with you that an American made guitar is a cut above, but I have owned a USA made Gibson Les Paul (or two) since 1982 but I still enjoy every one of my cheap and mid level guitas as well. For 10 years an American made Les Paul was my only guitar. I have a black Les Paul Studio with an ebony board and gold hardware and I baby and cherish it, but don't really play it alot. My Les Paul Special is a little banged up and gets lots of use, I play that a fair amount, but I honestly enjoy all of my foriegn adopted children as well. Would I at some point buy another "professional" quality american made guitar? Sure, I think about it often, but my cheap red headed step children guitars aren't going anywhere. They are fun to play.

P.S. Congrats on the new Strat ... I've been thinking a red Strat with a maple board would look cool and it does! 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3