Clear all

my weeper makes my cry...

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@questionmark)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi everyone, I recently bought four different guitarpedals, in one packet (a bespeco weeper, a yamaha phaser, a solec distortion+o.d. and a boss fv-60 volume pedal) all this for aprox. 150 US dollars. Now i like really like the distortion pedal, (it's got a special dist sound) and the phaser is cool. But the weeper (wah-wah) pedal makes these electric distortion noises when I use the pedal. Almost everything of it goes away after a while, but it's really anoying, makes me more insecure when I play live. Does anyone now how to fix it? is it wort repearing?

P.S Any comments on the other stuff?

peace in our time

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Your pots probably need cleaning or something may be wrong with your pots; a luthier could probably do it easily.. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@questionmark)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

whats a luthier?

peace in our time

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

A luthier is someone that fixes guitar equipment, usually someone very experienced, if they call themselves Luthiers. They vary in expertise. If there is a guitar shoppe near you, they should have someone there to help you out. I would ask other musicians in your area where they take their gear to get repaired.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Could it be that you need a new battery?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Greybeard, always with the simple, but most plausible explanations. Experience, man what can ya say. Hope that's all it is for this situation. A battery.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Others have had the same problem with that pedal. Looks kind like it maybe a design in the pedal. In the would of guitar pedals you'll run across them from time to time.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Others have had the same problem with that pedal. Looks kind like it maybe a design in the pedal. In the would of guitar pedals you'll run across them from time to time.

Joe

If thats the case then you can't repair it; you're gonna have to buy another one probably... :? That sucks..

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Maybe they used cheapo pots. If thats it, then it's a $2.00 fix to replace it with a quality pot. Probably $10 for labor if you can't solder (sp?).

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I know how you feel, I got a cheaper wah pedal but it's got a very 'dead' sound to it. I get somewhat of a decent wah sound when playing the lowest notes on guitar but when playing with higher strings i can't even hear the effect. Try cleaning the pots, try putting a new battery in and all that but if worst comes to worse just buy a new pedal. After all, even if the wah pedal isn't all that great, you still got a good distortion and phaser for $150, which isn't that bad a deal really.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

excuse my ignorance but what actually are the pots?
just for future reference (so i dont sound like such a pillock in the future)

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote