Clear all

Need some playing advice

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@nate535)
Topic starter  

Hey folks,

I'm looking to get some advice about my playing. I feel pretty confident (maybe comfortable is a better word) with the stylistic approach and the ideas. I guess I just need some honest opinions about what you like and don't like. It's tough to get that from friends and fans and since I don't know any of you, you seem a pretty good audience.

The most recent thing I've recorded is here: http://bit.ly/13gDLcd for a guitar center blues competition(though I'm not convinced it's "blues" enough). I think it most accurately reflects my approach to phrasing and style and I'm pretty happy with the content. It's an instrumental version of Joe Bonamassa's Dust Bowl

Please excuse the faces...I don't think I have a rare form of musical turrets, but it is involuntary.

Thanks!

(@alangreen)

It certainly sounds well thought out and the phrasing works for me.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@nate535)
Topic starter  

Thanks Alan,

I appreciate the kind words!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

the music and tone especially sound dated, but it sounds like you know what you're doing.

ReplyQuote
(@nate535)
Topic starter  

Jason,

Yeah, the tone is...not great. I don't have a setup to record an amp so I had to rely on a digital interface and I was less than pleased with the result. Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by the music being dated though? Are you talking about the type of song or specific licks? Is there a specific section in the song that makes you cringe a little?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i'm pretty sure it's just the tone. i wouldn't concern myself too much. your playing is solid.

ReplyQuote