Clear all

New Acoustic!

23 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I started my guitar shopping yesterday, planning to look at some used Washburns, Garrisons, and Alavrezs. I talked to the owner of a store I frequent explained my situation and asked what he reccommended. I ended up leaving with a Washburn D46SCE. I wasn't planning on it, but I love the SouthWestern series. I've played tons and always wanted one. $620 Canadian for the guitar and a hardshell case.

They had a sale starting today, but I live an hour and a half away. He give it to me for the price it would be at tomorrow. Which was a buy one guitar get one half off sale. I only needed one guitar so he did some changing of the numbers.

I'm in love. It's a great guitar, amazing neck, nice eq/pickup, beautiful finish, great sound. Solid Spurce top, he said Mahogony sides and back, but I've heard of both Mahogony and Ash? It's pretty though.

Here are some pictures of my four now. I also get my friends Garrison for the summer as he's gone for 7 weeks and didn't want to leave it unplayed, and my sisters boyfriend's classical, becasue he couldn't take it on the plane.

*They need to be resized, I'll repost them after lunch!*

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

Nice looking guitar, always feels nice to get a new guitar.

Enjoy.

Not sure what the wood is on the back. The salesman was wrong though definitely not mahogany. Could be Ash as you mentioned.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I'm not sure if he said mahogany because I did try alot of guitars with him. But I did see mahogany on a few reviews of it. I think the Washburn website says ash.

ReplyQuote
(@muddy)
Trusted Member

nice figure on that ash.. good lookin box ya got their

LIVELY UP YOURSELVES!!

ReplyQuote
(@ricola)
Estimable Member

II ended up leaving with a Washburn D46SCE.

That is one beautiful guitar! I hadn't heard of that series before (still fairly new to the guitar world) but I'll definately be checking into it. I'm in the market for an upgrade. ;)

BTW, what are the other guitars you have? I saw the pictures but I'm not fluent enough to tell what brands they are.

Congrats on the Washburn!

Would the Washburn D46SCE be comparable to the Epiphone Masterbilts? I've been reading a few reviews on those...

Thanks...

Psa. 42:8
By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

II ended up leaving with a Washburn D46SCE.

That is one beautiful guitar! I hadn't heard of that series before (still fairly new to the guitar world) but I'll definately be checking into it. I'm in the market for an upgrade. ;)

BTW, what are the other guitars you have? I saw the pictures but I'm not fluent enough to tell what brands they are.

Congrats on the Washburn!

Would the Washburn D46SCE be comparable to the Epiphone Masterbilts? I've been reading a few reviews on those...

Thanks...

I've only played one masterbuilt, I loved it, but I liked this one more.

The Les Paul style guitar, is a Jay Turser, other acoustic is an Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry.

The SG looking electric, is a '76 Hagstrom HIIN. It's a project. I'm fixing it. I have to go over the wiring again because it doesn't work yet. New pickups, bridge, tuner, I payed a local lutherier to fix the neck, it came right apart. New finish sometime the summer hopefully. You can't really see in the pictures, but the finsih it terrible. So many straches. It had a hard life before I got it.

ReplyQuote
(@ricola)
Estimable Member

Congrats again, that really is a good looking guitar and i'm sure the pics don't even do it justice. I'll be heading to the not so local GC this weekend... :)

Psa. 42:8
By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Definitly try it out. It's a great guitar. It's tonally balanced, and quite loud.

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

Well...today seems to be a good day for new guitars...I myself brought one home today....
I couldn't resist...and what a great price.....$750.00, brand new with case....congrats on your new axe Off He Goes....

http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/choosing/guitars.php?p=m&m=DM12

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

Very nice looking guitar. Congrats (There's something very american about congratulating somebody for something they've bought, but I do it anyway :P Take it as a kudos on your taste and sharing your joy! :P )

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Nice guitar ldavis!

Thanks Oktay. I checked out that site in your signature by the way. It was pretty cool. No GuitarNoise, but cool none the less.

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

Does that hagstrom have a set of GFS pickups in it now?

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Nice looking guitars, both of you! Your making poor students like me jealous!

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Nice looking guitars, both of you! Your making poor students like me jealous!

Hey man, I'm a poor student to. Starting my 7 year stint at university in the fall. I'll never get another chance to buy one for a long time. I have to sell one of my amps to pay back my parents some of the money that I owe them. But 80% of my playing is acoustic anyway, and I can't play electric in the small apartment next year so it's no big loss.

Um, no Flashback, the pickups are just generic ebay ones. Ones a humbucker sized P90, the others a four conductor humbucker, but wired regularly. They were cheap, and shipped from Canada so it was convinent.

If it turns out to be a nice guitar, I want to put Zebra GFS Humbuckers in it.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2