New Acoustic!

23 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Congrats on the nice find, Paul.

A friend of mine has a Washburn 12-string that plays like a dream.

Happy pickin'!

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yeah Mike I don't know what it is, but Washburn is one of those brands I've always had luck with, I haven't played many bad ones, same with Garrisions actually, there just seems to be really good quality control.

If anyone is looking for a new acoustic, to start off with or something, I'd have to recommend the new Hagstrom acoustics. They are exactly what an acoustic should sound like. I played a few in the store, if they were cutaway and and have the electronics I would have been all over them. Definitly worth trying out.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

If you like the sound of the P-90, they sell nice looking humbucker sized ones at GFS as well. I personally like the sound of p-90's in the blues.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yeah I plan to put some humbuckers in the Hagstrom, and P-90s in the Les Paul, but who knows it might switch.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

So the guitar has a B-Band A3.2 pickup and eq system. Steve, the store owner went over it with me, and said that I should start with the volume down, and slowly increase as I'm playing, so that I should only hear an increase in volume, and not a tonal difference.

Now I'm not knowledge about pickup eqs. I can work PA and amps well and can make good sounds out of those, but I need some tips for the guitars equalization.

Any ideas?

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I have a Fender Toronado witha Gibson P94 in the bridge and a humbucker in the neck. I love the combo, but would love to have an all p90, or p94 (or seymour duncan phat cat) guitar. I am looking at adding a guitar with 2 p90's next. I need to stop buying for awhile, but I seem to get better everytime I get a new instrument. I think it inspires me to get better somehow.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I have a Fender Toronado witha Gibson P94 in the bridge and a humbucker in the neck. I love the combo, but would love to have an all p90, or p94 (or seymour duncan phat cat) guitar. I am looking at adding a guitar with 2 p90's next. I need to stop buying for awhile, but I seem to get better everytime I get a new instrument. I think it inspires me to get better somehow.

Wow, we seem to be in the same boat, I love new things, and they get me excited again and make me learn more, but I need to stop buying.

ReplyQuote
(@derecola)
Trusted Member

WOW nice box,I also really enjoy the Washburn line up.You get a lot of bang for your buck. Now you making me Jones for a new box.rrrrrr

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2