Notifications
Clear all

New addition to the family...again

17 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Now I want to replace the pups but in this situation, I'm totally ignorant. I should probably start a new thread on pup selection but if anyone knows a good set of pick ups that will make this guitar "hotter" please make some suggestions. I don't know if the coil tap needs to be taken into consideration but that also exists on this guitar.

Thanks for any opinions of a good set of compatible pups.

Before I replaced anything I'd raise the pickups a bit. It may be all you need. From what I recollect on trying out a few C-1's is that the pickups were right nice.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@jbeckforever)

Hey there Bish, I have a Schecter C-1 plus, I think its the '07 model. Anyway, its the red finish, and I love the thing. Frets are starting to wear just a bit but otherwise it plays about as good as the day I bought it.

I read that you were looking for pickup suggestions. I actually put some Seymour Duncans in mine, and it sounds pretty fantastic. Very, very versatile. The coil tap is not affected, still taps wonderfully. I'm not sure how it would work if you put some EMGs or something in though. But yeah, I have a JB in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck. I bought the pups in a two pack, and it costed like 60 bucks. I can send you some sound clips and stuff if you want.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2