Clear all

New Addition to the Family *NOW WITH PICTURES*

14 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I recently sold my Squier Strat to a buddy who wanted to learn guitar and in return bought myself a beautiful Hagstrom Super Swede. I don't see much around here about Hags but I'll tell you I'm in love with the guitar. IMO it plays infinitely better than LPs that cost 4x as much. I love the neck on it (patented Hagstrom design) and the finish is absolutely gorgeous. I haven't had time to properly play with the coil tap yet so there's lots of fun to be had there.

It's Amber finish with gold hardware and Hag tuners. I must say I'm in love with this animal. I'll take some pics when I put it down.

Here's a few pics, I'll get a few more up when people let me know what they want to see. Im not used to these guitar photo shoots

Note: on the last picture that yellow spot is just the flash, not a flaw in the finish.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Congratualtions on finding a keeper. Now... pictures, or face the cowbell!

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congratualtions on finding a keeper. Now... pictures, or face the cowbell!Ditto.

Because threads like these are worthless with out pictures.
+1

Congrats! :D

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congratualtions on finding a keeper. Now... pictures, or face the cowbell!Ditto.

Because threads like these are worthless with out pictures.
+1

Congrats! :D

Pics, pics, pics!!! :twisted:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

+1

....or at least a link.

Oh well. I went online and looked. Nice looking units. Congrats, and enjoy!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Is it a new Hagstrom or an old one? I have a Hagstrom HIIN from 72 or 76 I can't really remember. But its been a project of mine for a long time, becaue I haven't had a ton of time or money to finish, it was a wreck when I got hold of it.

I've played some of the new Swedes, there great. Never played an old one before though.

Looking foward to some pictures.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

cool guitar. in the sixties we thought Hagstroms were exotic. they are classic now.
congrads.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Do it. Do it.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Do it. Do it.

I have the XTI and it rocks :)

Just ordered an XSi :twisted:

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I have the XTI and it rocks

Get a tripod then - too much rocking and you'll have a blurred picture.........

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Great looking guitars. I've had my eye on one for a while. I was thinking of the double cutaway though.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member

I thought you were a Leica man :P

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

I thought you were a Leica man :P

I don't get paid enough to be a Leica man full time :evil:

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

I have the XTI and it rocks

Get a tripod then - too much rocking and you'll have a blurred picture.........

:D :D :D

VicHaha mate funny stuff.

I actually have a manfrotto tripod. and a sigma 75-300 L shaped lens :)

I lost track of my lenses a while ago...

ReplyQuote