Clear all

New Addition

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I just wanted to show off my newest purchase to everyone. Its the mandolin I was talking about in the other thread.

It's a Samick MA E2/BK or something like that.

I picked it up today before work, and I'm going to get the case on the weekend when it comes in. I bought it from the local shop, that my old teacher, who is a family friend runs. I'm real excited. So everyone, say hi to Megan!

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I looked at the top pic - then the bottom one. And I kept looking back and forth. I thought "That's weird - 8 strings and ten tuning pegs?" Took me a while to work it out! Time for bed I think.....

Nice looking instrument, Paul - any chance of soundclips?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Sweet Paul :D

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yeah Vic, theres two pegs from one of my acoustics sticking up from the other side of the stand.

No soundclips for a while. Hopefully I can get some up eventually, but I have to learn something good first. I got Copperhead Road down for now. Time to work on Maggie May and Losing My Religion.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

Good for you, I love to play mandolin. Even more then guitar I think. Wait till you build a major scale and see how easy things look when your stacked in 5ths.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Yeah Vic, theres two pegs from one of my acoustics sticking up from the other side of the stand.

No soundclips for a while. Hopefully I can get some up eventually, but I have to learn something good first. I got Copperhead Road down for now. Time to work on Maggie May and Losing My Religion.

Paul

Three great songs there! Almost makes me want to go out and buy a mandolin...

We used to do a version of Maggie May in the pub - one week, I worked on it, transposed the chords so I could capo at the seventh fret. Sounded so different I had to do it that way every week!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i did the same thing Vic did...definitely bedtime

how's it sound amplified?

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Pretty cool, Paul.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

i did the same thing Vic did...definitely bedtime

how's it sound amplified?

Its sounds pretty good amplified. I'm going to give it a better test tomorrow after work, though. I'd like to hear it in a live setting with guitar and vocals through a P.A.

Paul

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Congrats, Paul! Hope you have lots of fun with her.

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Hi Megan and welcome to GN. :lol:

Congrats and enjoy.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote