Clear all

New Band

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well, it happened tonight at open jam night. We were out in the parking lot talking, fairly lit (had been offstage for a while...I'll post some pics of it when I get time). Suddenly it all came together.

The band was born tonight. Before it was just me and my buddy Mike playing around with the guitar. We've decided to get serious and really start hitting it hard. We'll be taking some original stuff that we're collaborating on in the next few days and trying some of it out to make sure it's going to work. I am pretty confident it will though, because there seems to be a chemestry, and we all have the same goal: to have fun doing it, and not letting it be about money, ourselves, or anything except the music and making sure that everyone has a good time.

I'll probably be posting something in the next week or two for a test track or 3.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

(@mushin)
Eminent Member

Hi Gunslinger,

Congratulations.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Cheers

Mick

Edit- Happened to be in the music shop today and saw that Kurt Cobain was a deceased musician. Guess I feel like a dufus calling Gunslinger "Kurt".......

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote