New Gretsch!

38 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Roy,

I had to remember what fills were in there so I just listened to it again. There are a few before the solo and then after. I don't have those but you could probably figure those out easy enough. I have the rhythym guitar part and the solo only.

I'm travelling for work so it may not be til next week before I can get it to you. I have to copy it to a PDF to send and I need to do that at work but I'm taking Friday off :D

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I think I'm set. My book stunk, but got me in the vicinity. One of my GP files seems pretty good. Kicking back and playing it now. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member

nice guitar!

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Very nice! I've been gassing for something like that for awhile, just waiting for the right one to come along. (And the funds) :?

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

OOH, NICE!

Hope you have a lot of fun with it, Roy!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I did a sound sample and posted in the hear hear section, in case anyone wants to hear what she sounds like. https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=44649 I listed out which parts were which switch positions there.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Awsome! So, how you liking it? The boy and I were fooling with that song a bit back. I had figured some of the fills out but you know what? They might be gone now. :lol: I'm 48 and have CRS.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Awsome! So, how you liking it? The boy and I were fooling with that song a bit back. I had figured some of the fills out but you know what? They might be gone now. :lol: I'm 48 and have CRS.

I'm enjoying it. It looks so out of place in the 5-slot guitar stand I have. Kind of looks like Andre The Giant talking to some horse Jockeys. I've found one sweet spot so far. It's got an interesting knob set-up. One tone, two pick-up volumes and one master volume. I've been messing with that some, but I always go back to what sold me. It really likes the knobs about 90%. It's kind of like my Squire Tele in that regard.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I am insanely jealous Roy. I've been hankering after a Gretsch for years

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Very sweet!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@preacher)
Estimable Member

I stroked the same model, and color today at GC... BEAUTIFULL GUITAR!!!!!

I play the guitar, I taught myself how to play the guitar, which was a bad decision... because I didn't know how to play it, so I was a sh***y teacher. I would never have went to me. -Mitch Hedberg

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That's really cool, Roy!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

Cool jazz box! Never been a fan of them until I saw Ted Nugent.

Enjoy it!

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks again, folks. We've been learning each-other here and there over the last week or so. Fun fun fun.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Congrats, Roy, on the lovely new toy!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3