New guitar !!

17 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hi,
finally gone out and spent my money on a new guitar. I got an Epiphone G-400 Custom http://epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=27&CollectionID=3 :D

It looks amazing with all the gold hardware n stuff, got a really full sound and the pickups are suprisingly good - It beats my Jackson Performer in clean and distorted (especially clean) and its got a lot of variation.
I've found despite the fatter neck I can play just as fast if not faster than the Jackson cos of the action and the fingerboard is really smooth.

All in all, its the best £300 i've ever spend....But then i've never spend that much at once before...lol :? :D

(@javajark)
Eminent Member

that's a pretty nice guitar. the three fat pups side by side is kinda cool. I bet it plays real nice. congrats.

The bridges that I walk across are weak. Frustrations fill the void that I can’t solely bear.
And I have turned away and searched for answers I can’t understand...

ReplyQuote
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member

I really like the 3 hum configuration. Probably pretty fun to play. And I really like Epiphone SG's

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote
(@purplefenderstrat)
Trusted Member

OMG!!! I WOULD KILL FOR THAT GUITAR!!!! seriously i would..whats ur address??...i ask for no reason at all... :twisted: :D ...haha you got urself a real beauty there man!! i bet its really heavy sounding with those 3 hums..wow...i must play one of these!! congrats man!!!

"im the one who has to die when its time for me to die..so let me live my life, the way i want to.."-Jimi Hendrix-If 6 was 9

Paul Y Howdilly doodily neigborini!!

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

OMG!!! I WOULD KILL FOR THAT GUITAR!!!! seriously i would..whats ur address??...i ask for no reason at all... :twisted: :D ...haha you got urself a real beauty there man!! i bet its really heavy sounding with those 3 hums..wow...i must play one of these!! congrats man!!!

My address? okay its 23 Ch...hmm maybe I shouldnt :D . But anyway, yeah the 3 pickups make it sound more filled out and chunky, rather than making it a proper heavy metal guitar or anything.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

... clicked the link and OMG, a childhood memory! IIRC, Mike Nesmith of the Monkeys played the Gibby version of this. He wore a white suit to match and looked pretty cool.

Enjoy -- Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

Nice guitar! I could break it in for you.... :wink:

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

... clicked the link and OMG, a childhood memory! IIRC, Mike Nesmith of the Monkeys played the Gibby version of this. He wore a white suit to match and looked pretty cool.

Enjoy -- Greg

Tonny Iommi of Black Sabbath played a Gibson version of it in the Iron Man video...What a weird video...The drummer seemed to be wearing kiddies pyjamas lol :?

ReplyQuote
(@spacedog03)
Estimable Member

Very nice looking guitar, I like those. I'm sure it sounds great too. You'll love it.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Found it:

and in deference to PsychoJello on whose site I found it, a link to his Monkee photos:

http://www.psycho-jello.com/monkees/photos.html

-G

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

The Monkees actually KNEW how to play instruments??

Wow...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Nice looking guitar! I have thought of that one for myself.

I actually think Mike Nesmith was the only one that really knew how to play an instrument and thus was the first to leave the band. He felt offended by the spectacle and show rather than any real attempt by the other Monkees to be "real" musicians. In later years, the others did get better at their instruments, but the Monkees albums were chock full of studio musicians. Can you imagine the tour with Jimi Hendrix opening for the Monkees. What a debacle that was. Hendrix was actually booed off the stage in places.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Congrats, three humbuckers should give you a nice combination of sounds.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

correction, Peter Tork was also a professional musician before the Monkees :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2