Clear all

new guitar!

23 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

hey all. I recently sold my last ibanez rg to purchase a new guitar. Got an agile al-3000 goldtop. The pictures definitely don't do it justice.
Sounds good and feels amazing. It's tons heavier than my Highway 1 HSS, but that's ok. Bending is a little bit tougher on this than the strat...but I should expect that.

I just went back and forth between some BYCU stuff on both instruments. Strat is definitely easier, but it can't give me this les paul sound. I like both :)

this gives you a gritty sound. ESPECIALLY with my digitech bad monkey tube overdrive! it's pretty sweet

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Enjoy your new friend!

What do you mean by "harder" to bend? Your Agile LP should be noticeably easier for bending than the Strat, given same tuning and same gauge strings, as the LP has a shorter scale and will require lower tension. Maybe the Agile came strung with 11s or 12s?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

hmm... I actually put 9s on it.

think this is a setup prob? I don't have too much lp experience

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Niiiiice..... That's why I bought my LP. Nothing sounds like a mohagany LP.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nice guitar. I have an Al2000 gold top and I know what you mean about the finish. Yeah, LP's usually bend easier ... hmmmmm

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

currently, it just has a lot more tension when trying to bend. Both guitars have super slinkies on them. I'll eventually take this into a guitar tech and see what he thinks

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice guitar, congrats! 8) I've been seriously thinking of the same one with P-90's.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

You might want to have the set up checked if it really is more difficult due to tension -- sounds a bit strange. Take your Strat with to show the difference. Could be your Strat is unusually easy for some reason, such as having only two springs on the trem. That might feel easier, but would require more bend distance for same pitch change.

Or it simply could also be the different neck geometry in your hands takes a bit of getting-used-to.

And don't worry. It's highly unlikely anything is broken or really wrong -- just a bit of a mystery.

Again: Enjoy!

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

well, i actually have 4 or 5 springs in my strat bridge - but it's not blocked off by wood or anything.

I called a guitar tech and he said that what's probably going on is that the bridge on the strat gives some because of the springs making it easier to bend as opposed to the tune-o-matic that's fixed.

I think that I'm just being a wuss :-P This thing plays pretty awesome...especially for the price tag.

It's not really fair to compare a chinese guitar to an american fender anyways when the fender costs twice as much

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

well, i actually have 4 or 5 springs in my strat bridge - but it's not blocked off by wood or anything.

I called a guitar tech and he said that what's probably going on is that the bridge on the strat gives some because of the springs making it easier to bend as opposed to the tune-o-matic that's fixed.

I think that I'm just being a wuss :-P This thing plays pretty awesome...especially for the price tag.

It's not really fair to compare a chinese guitar to an american fender anyways when the fender costs twice as much

That's why I mentioned 2 springs -- makes for very "soft" bending. You'll get used to it.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Mine has P90's 8) They don't sound bad either.

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

nice. i'd like to try those someday

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Thats why I got it, I didn't have a guitar with P 90's and the Gold Top looked sooooo vintage with them.

ReplyQuote
(@ricola)
Estimable Member

Very Nice! My Agile 3100 is on the UPS truck as we speak! Can't wait to get home after work! :D :D

Psa. 42:8
By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Maybe the UPS truck will slow down before they pitch it off the back. :mrgreen:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2