Clear all

New Guitar

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@pearlthekat2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I bought a Taylor today. I couldnt pass this guitar up. It has the nice shimmering quality that I really really wanted, really really badly. :D I don't know who Doyle Dykes is but it is his signature guitar and it's black with a little abalone around the soundhole. Very beautiful looking. Less costly than most Taylors, too. I'm psyched.
:note2: :note2: :note2: :note2: :note2:

Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Kid...as far as guitars go: "the more you earn, the more you burn!"

It never stops... :?

Enjoy!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

I believe he is a fingerstyle guitarist although I must admit I'm not familiar with his stuff. I might check him out now. Your guitar sounds good though, nice purchase. Enjoy playing it :D

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

He is one of those fingersytle guitarists that can play at lightning fast speeds., it turns out.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

What? No pics? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Congrats, pearlthekat2! HNGD! I wish for many years of happiness together. 8) 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

pics to come.

ReplyQuote
(@minorkey)
Reputable Member

Doyle Dykes features regularly in Acoustic magazine, which is a british magazine solely for acoustic guitar . This guitar recently got reviewed in it, it got a high score and looks the business!

If I go blind guide me. If I go deaf shoot me
http://mymusictree.blogspot.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Pictures or it didn't happen. :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@elecsluther)
Eminent Member

Taylor's are real nice guitars. My only acoustic is still my "74 Yamaha FG-360, the spruce top has aged so nicely and it sounds so good that I can't imagine getting rid of it. One thing about a nice acoustic--they seem to get better with age.

ReplyQuote