Clear all

New Guitar 56k beware (big pics)

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I ordered a new guitar the other day from a dealer on gbase.com and it arrived today!!! This is my "new" '92 or '93 Epiphone Sheraton II:

and just for fun here are my other guitars: my '92 Les Paul Studio:

'01-'02 American Strat:

'07 Warmoth SG:

I just bought some polish and strings today so forgive me for the fingerprints on the pickups and body. Thanks for checking out my guitars.

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Nice looking collection, and congrats on your newest!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

56k is a bit much to pay for an epiphone

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very nice, congrats! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Sweet! :mrgreen:

I'm looking to get myself into a Sheraton as well. Good times!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I hope you're not serious jason!

Dali: I've been looking for one for quite a while and i found a really good deal on gbase. Once I saw it and called the guitar store to inquire about it I had to have it.

ReplyQuote
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member

AK, theyre all great looking guitars, but that Warmoth SG really caught my eye. Did you do all the work yourself?

Dan

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nice collection! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

GuitarHack: Yea, it was definitely harder than I thought it was gonna be and I used the internet a lot to figure things out. It was mainly assembling because I got the body and neck from warmoth. I did do some drilling for the some of the controls and pickguard. I also did the finish on the body and the neck. If you were wondering why I picked the sg it was because not too many people build their own sg's, it's mainly people doing a strat and I just wanted to be different.

And if anyone was confused: I didn't pay 56k for the sheraton, just letting people with dial up know the pictures were large and may slow their computer down. Sry if i confused anyone. (I'm assuming jason got it but was just messing with me).

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Well I have 56K but it was worth the wait. (No, I'm not that cheap, I live in the middle of nowhere ...... well, 50 miles north of the middle of nowhere) Nice guitars. My Les Paul Studio is a 1992, it is black with gold hardware and an ebony board.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i resent the implication that i have a sense of humor.

ReplyQuote
(@thenewchance)

56k is a bit much to pay for an epiphone
They could've made a really really really nice epiphone ...or maybe it's like autographed on the back or something :roll:

ReplyQuote