Clear all

New guitars

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@gizzy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well I got the bug and went out and got 2 guitars, Taylor acoustic electric 310ce and a PRS CE22 Electric scarlet red, PRS guitars are used by Carlos Santanna, Both guitars are excellent!!! You just can't beat the sound of these guitars I would highly recommend both of these guitars, they are expensive but well worth the money, they will now join my family. When the bug hits you it is very addicting, happy picking.

:D

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Golly!!! Congrats!! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'll add my congrats....maybe you can record something and post on it "Hear Here" so we can hear what they sound like?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Congrats!!! I just bought the Taylor 310CE a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure your just as happy as I am. The action is perfect right out of the box. Like you said, they are expensive but, well worth it.

If you can, if you haven't already, watch the DVD that came with the Taylor. There is a lot of useful info on there including how to use and set up your mixer.

Have fun with your new children.....I mean.....guitars. :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@gizzy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yes, I have watched the DVD that came with the Taylor guitar, some very good info, plus you get to see some performers play it, I realy liked the DVD. I was watching a DVD of mine by John Denver the wildlife concert he plays a Taylor in that concert also Garth Brooks played a Taylor, Yes I am open to all music, Carlos Santanna played his PRS on the Grammy Awards this year incase anybody watched it, also if you have Eric Claptons Guitar Festival DVD, Carlos Santanna played his PRS on that video very unique sound, I love my Les Paul but you can't get that santanna sound from a Les Paul. Funny how are guitars become like children to us all, but it is so true they are my babies.

:D :D :D

ReplyQuote
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

Gizze, How do you spend time with all those babies? You must play every chance you get.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Santana has been playing those PRSi for a long time now. If I recall correctly, he befriended Paul Reed Smith when he was relatively new to the game and encouraged him. I believe he ended up being one of PRS' first endorsers.

The place to go for PRS related info is the Birds and Moons forum, can't remember the exact address, but if you search for "PRS forum" or "Birds and Moons" on Google, you'll get it. Even if you don't become a member there, it's worth stopping by and spending a little time to get a better perspective on the whole thing. I was contemplating getting a PRS a few months ago, and a few days in there totally changed my perspective on PRS. I now have a much better feel for what are considered the good time periods, good models, neck shapes relative to each other etc etc etc.

Congrats on your new instruments... go make some beautiful music!

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Gizzy

Yes, congrats on the nice guitars!

If you can, post some pics of your new guitars on here. Heck, let's see all of them! :D

I love looking at guitars! 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Ok Gizzy, you have a sickness.

The first thing to do is admit you are out of control.

I mean I buy a lot of guitars, but two at a time?

Holy smokes you are worse than me. :D

Enjoy your new guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@gizzy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yes I have a sickness, and it is great don't need a cure for this one. I got a nice bonus check at work and that helped the sickness along. Someone asked how do I find time, My kids just went off to college 2 of them boy and a girl, so now I have more time to spend on doing what I love and that is music always has been since I was a kid, I keep my guitars out on stands so when I see them I can't help but pick one up and start playing, I don't keep the Taylor guitar out I keep it in the case when not using with a sound hole humidifier Taylors will crack if left in dry climates to long, I live in Arizona so I am not going to mess around with that problem, solid body guitars hold out ok as long as you don't have extreme tempature changes and Arizona is warm all year round. I heard Jimmy Page say that his guitars are always there for him when he needs them and they won't leave him, just a example on how close you can be with your guitars. Happy Picking and have fun.

:D :D

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

As long as you can afford your sickness. :lol:

Wish I could. :?

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote