Clear all

New mexican strat!

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@palehorse)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well I did it, after 3 months of lessons, I decided I really am going to stick with it! So I rewarded myself with a Fender Strocaster!

It is only a mexican 1996 edition, used, but everything on it seems fine, and my instructor (who is an expert at both accoustic and electric) said it was a great deal!

I give 290 dollars for it, it is scuffed a little bit, but the neck is true, no buzzings, and plays like a dream!

What you folks think? 290 for a mex strat?

----------------------------------------------
Life is a snowmobile racing across the frozen tundra that suddenly flips over pinning you underneath. At night the ice weasels come...

(@purplefenderstrat)
Trusted Member

hahahaha know what that feels like man!!! Congrats..and yeah..it was a deal..i would have jumped at it!! what color is it?

"im the one who has to die when its time for me to die..so let me live my life, the way i want to.."-Jimi Hendrix-If 6 was 9

Paul Y Howdilly doodily neigborini!!

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@palehorse)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

hahahaha know what that feels like man!!! Congrats..and yeah..it was a deal..i would have jumped at it!! what color is it?

Thanks! 8) It is black with a white pick guard.

Life is a snowmobile racing across the frozen tundra that suddenly flips over pinning you underneath. At night the ice weasels come...

ReplyQuote
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

Go for it!

Happy picking!

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
(@purplefenderstrat)
Trusted Member

Thanks! 8) It is black with a white pick guard.

KILLER MAN!!! I hope you stick with it...you couldnt have icked a better guitar to get your self going man!! ROCK ON MAN!!! :D 8)

"im the one who has to die when its time for me to die..so let me live my life, the way i want to.."-Jimi Hendrix-If 6 was 9

Paul Y Howdilly doodily neigborini!!

ReplyQuote
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

I got a Mex Strat of around the same year....the love of my life. I mean, forget girls, all the inspiration I get for my love songs come from my guitar.

8) :wink:

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

I am very happy for you!
Good deal!

Is this your first?

Rock on...

~ghost~

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
(@palehorse)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Is this your first?

~ghost~

Yes this is my first true electric, I have a suzuki accoustic/electric and an Alvarez accoustic.

I started with the Alvarez, and found myself growing founder of the electric strat sound. Pink Floyd, being my favorite band, uses both types. David Gilmour (the lead guitarist) uses a Fender Strat, and this made me "keep my eye out" for deals. I cam close to pulling out the ole credit card and getting a 2K USA strat, but that was a little much. Besides, I need a another reward for, like, a whole year of sticking to it. :)

From what I can tell from my web research, the mex strat is a very good one.

My Daugher's fiance has a Peavy stack amp system, a real giant, that he is going to let me use while he is in college, this saves me money, he also said he would outright sell it to me if I want to buy it. I will need to get it's model number and do a bit of research to see what is fair though...

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

congrats man, enjoy.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote