Clear all

New strat

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@jeffster1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

So I just purchased a Fender American Deluxe HSS strat today. I must have played 50 or 60 guitars and nothing even came close to this thing. I've never owned a fender, and have always played gibson/epiphone/ibanez guitars. I always read about people sitting down and KNOWING a guitar was for them. I finally had that experience. The tone is just amazing, and the feel is great as well (I liked the rosewood better than the maple). Anyone else had this experience with a fat strat? Why has it taken me so long to find this guitar?

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Nope. Not me. I've got a good vibe going with a couple of my guitars, but I've never had one screaming at me in the store as "the one". I imagine that it might happen if I started looking at one of the new Teles, though.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

yepper, how about that hand rolled neck?
I also love the variation available with the S-1 (altho i have the SSS model)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i have two guitars that i like a lot and they're my favorites. i liked them in the store but i didn't have that exact experience while in the store. only after i got home. I sometimes go to this elite guitar store near me and try out more expensive guitars than mine but i always like mine better.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

congrads on the Fender strat. now you understand why we love them and somewhat roll our eyes when Squire or Agile owners chime in. the details are amazing. having a feel like that it is hard to put down.
and yes, I have had a similar experience. it was with my 80's fender strat plus. it has been 14 years and I remain in awe with my best friend.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats! It is great that you found your guitar. I have a similar experience too. It is with my Fender Strat. I also played lots of guitars but this one was special. I can not put it down. I changed the strings last month and I discovered that auto-blocking Gotoh tuners... a great surprise.

Any picture? Any sound test? :D

ReplyQuote
(@jeffster1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

For sure, I was planning on doing a photography session this afternoon :)

What's amazing is the variation of feel/sound you can get out of different guitars of the same model. I tried 4 strats that are the exact same model as the one I bought, but there were slight variations in neck size, feel and sound. Sometimes I wonder if I'm imagining it, but I think it's true.

That neck pup just SINGS.

I'm also playing it through a roland cube 30x (Don't hate my solid state!) and that neck pickup on the clean channel sounds unbelievable.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Absolutely true. Each guitar is different and they transmit different feelings. Those differences are even more noteworthy in Fenders.

ReplyQuote
(@dotfret)

Yes, sometimes it just happens that you find a guitar that has been built with added mojo by serendipity. In my case, it is a Mexican Nashville Tele. LOL I love playing it, but I hate the colour ...

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

I've got an ESP LTD MH-400 at the mo'. N while its a truly fantastic guitar I it isn't 'the one'. I've been thinking for a while that my next guitar will certainly be an American Strat, and I reckon I'll find the one for me in that range. Real quality strats n teles just have this real special tone that nothing else has - wen your soloing n you hit a note in a certain way...I dunno what word quite describes it, but I love it!...ahhhhhh one day... :cry:

And just outta interest...I don't seem to be prone to polygamy when it comes to guitars :lol: - I have a really great Epi SG Custom which I simply never play lol. How many of you guys r monogamous?...It doesnt help since iv always loved the idea of having a giant guitar collection if was rich, where I'd just buy everything on impulse n every limited edition of everything lol

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

How many of you guys r monogamous?...

ummmm....REASONABLY monogamous here. One Tele for rhythm & lead, one Squier Custom Tele for slide, and one acoustic for, well, acoustic. The Squier and the acoustic have been VERY neglected, though, since the day my Tele jumped off the wall of the guitar shop screaming "I'm THE ONE! Take me home!"
I'm also playing it through a roland cube 30x (Don't hate my solid state!) and that neck pickup on the clean channel sounds unbelievable.

I'm also a big fan of the cube amps, got the same one as yours. I particularly love the acoustic setting with loads of chorus, the Black Panel or Tweed settings for rhythm, and you must try the rectifier setting with the neck pick up. That is SWEEEEET indeed!

Enjoy THE guitar!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm not too bad. I've got 8 right now. I imagine that I'll add another Tele to the mix someday, but I doubt anytime soon. The one I have stays in open-G. I play my Epi LP most often, but I use all the other ones for certain things. Well, 'cept one of 'em. It's a Floyd Rose that has a pain-in-the-butt tuning system that I've been too lazy to do anything with. It might very well turn into an open-G guitar. That oughta be fun. :?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote