Clear all

New Teacher

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dagwood)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

So I gotta a new teacher and started my first lesson today.

Unfortuneately, we went allll the way back to the beginning, but that's not a bad thing. We did a lot of talking and not a lot of playing. But I've heard very good/great things about him and have seen him out and about at open mic's and what not, he's a great player and has an awesome energy when he performs, mainly in a Delta Blues Genre so far that I've seen... alot of songs about Trains and Scarecrows... LOL

My old guy was/is one of the best Blues guys here in the NW but the line 'tween "Working Lesson" and "Visiting" got blurred too many times and its been almost 4 months since I've had a teacher so I'm pretty excited about this new guy.

I started a few weeks back going to a local bar here where every Tuesday is an Open Mic. I haven't played yet but now my goal is to get up there and have fun, hopefully in a few weeks I'll have the nerve.

Anyhoo I thought I'd put that out there... :)
D-

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

let us know how it turns out... My teacher is very good, but even with my many hints, he does not really pick up on the songs/techniques that I want to learn. On the flip side, I'm learning and liking a lot of things I would not have explored my self (just finished Blackbird and working on Julia now). Guitar is a hobby (my day job, wife, three kids, two dogs, and fixing all the stuff around the house that breaks is where most of my time goes) but I actually have considered starting with a second teacher (keeping the first so I do not lose him) just to explore what I may be missing.

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

ReplyQuote