Clear all

New Tele reviewed ?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@odnt43)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I tried an American Telecaster "Custom" or whatever it was, the other day at a local music store...and was mighty impressed.
Has that guitar been reviewed here ?
I figured I'd never buy another electric after selling my 30-year old Stat last year....but....this Tele "feels" way better than the old Strat did.
Any comment ?

"A child of five could understand this...send someone to fetch a child of five !"--Groucho Marx

(@satchmo)
Trusted Member

YEH PLAY IT!

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

I'm not certain but I believe the newer Fenders have a flatter fretboar radius than the older ones. I have a '76 or '77 Strat with the 7 1/2" radius and tried an MIM Tele and the Tele's fretboard radius is more like the Les Paul. I think in the ads they call it "Fast Play Neck."

Hope you got a fair price for the Strat; were you switching to acoustic or something?

ReplyQuote
(@odnt43)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I got $1700 Canadian for my old Strat.
I figured at my age I'd never be in any group or band where I'd need an electric any more.
Sold my 7-string resophonic too.
Bought a Takamine EG334-SBC cutaway semi-ac...which I like just fine except for the premature fret wear.
Now I'm finding I miss a Fender...just for sittin' around playing a few licks, even by myself.
Go figure.

"A child of five could understand this...send someone to fetch a child of five !"--Groucho Marx

ReplyQuote