Clear all

New (Used) Guitar(s) Day!

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey all! It's been an exciting past week for me. I've abandoned the world of multieffects and sold it off for something more exciting.
A used Gibson SG Faded....with character! The fact that's it been used a great deal is probably why i was able to get it. It is awesome. The bridge pickup has already been raised and it was setup great. This guitar just screams Rock & Roll.

Then, I was browsing craigslist and found someone selling an Agile Al-2000 for a very low price, due to a broken screw. Pretty much an impulse buy. Got that fixed and adjusted the truss rod and it plays great! I used to not deal well with les pauls because they didn't play like a strat. I can tell i'm getting more experience playing and doing better because this doesn't bother me now. It's a blast to play.

Last is NOT a new guitar. I've had this a while, just never bothered posting it. It's an Ibanez SAS32EX that has SD Jazz and JB pickups in it. It has a great sound and has a unique/beautiful look to it. I'm definitely getting all the tonal varieties i could ever need with it all of these lying around now! Here you go Dali - you asked for pictures of this a while ago.

exciting times! These are serving me well as my band is getting better

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

The SG looks awesome! 8) Rock & Roll baby! :twisted: The Agile looks like a good buy too. Enjoy them both! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

welcome to my world.

I can't tell you the number of guitars I own or have owned because they were just to good a bargain to pass up.

Beautiful guitars, all three...

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Cool guitars! The SG looks awesome!

Enjoy! :D

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats ph0nage! They look like fun. Hard to pass up good deals. Put 'em to good use. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

i dont mind saying i am a very jealous man sat here.
i reached my limit on guitars when i hung them on the wall without the wifes knowing :lol: im not allowed any more now!!

by the way, i have a copy SG, i'd love to play the real thing one day. hope you enjoy yours

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

oh yes, these guitars are definitely being enjoyed. I love the fretboard on the sg. It's so wide! The les paul has an amazing warm sound that I did not expect from such cheap pickups. I'm glad that this has the ceramic ones rather than the Alnico V that the higher models have.

Taking the SG to my lesson tonight and my teacher will definitely be jealous. He once quoted that he would trade his Gibson LP for a SG any day

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

That's a nice collection.

Congratulations!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote