Newsflash - Scotland Invades Messageboard

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 J45
(@j45)
Topic starter  

Hi

I'm another newby from Scotland enjoying the delights of this very comprehensive site. I can't believe I've not stumbled on this before.

I'm a gigging singer guitar player playing mostly covers to make a crust. I play in an acoustic duo where I let the other guy do all the hard work (lead) while I just strum away. My gigging instruments are a Gibson J45 (which has 3 small dents above the sound hole courtesy of James Walsh of Starsailor who stumbled in on one of our gigs a year ago and forgot to take off his watch while playing some tunes) and a Yamaha APX 4A (all the scratches on this are my own doing).

I also have a Gibson SG Standard, a Fenix Tele and an old Yamaha FG 140 acoustic. As I'm hoping to go electric at some point soon I've just bought a POD XT with shortboard and I've also got a nice Fender Stage 112 SE amp.

Anyway enough about me, I look forward to some interesting chats in the future. Take it easy!

"I'll get by with a little help from my friends"

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to the asylum for the musically insane. I believe you'll find some fellow countrymen here.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@gary-j-foreman)
Eminent Member

J45 - I've also got a PodXT no board though, and I used to use a laptop (before I got the power supplies the wrong way round and blew the laptop up) to run the Guitarport interface to control the settings of the PodXT, well worth downloading and using it to set up your tones it's a great graphical interface where you can choose and apply the effects etc, also to download tones off the Line6 website and upload them to the PodXT, you'll love the PodXT.

gaz.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome aboard...You will love it here.. Lots of great and helpful folks.

I am on a business trip and just got to the hotel so I am headed to the bar to have one of your native drinks....On the rocks..I know, I know, you would say the ice ruins it so forgive me for this one.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 J45
(@j45)
Topic starter  

Nice one Nils, enjoy - with or without ice it's good stuff!

"I'll get by with a little help from my friends"

ReplyQuote
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise!

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Ive got a PODxt as well. I use it with my Variax which i love (im gonna customize it soon enough, better neck, maybe refinish). I hope you like it here. Ill look forward to seeing you often round here. Helps to get as many people with experience here to help out less experienced. See you round.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote