Clear all

NGD!!!

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bucky-katt)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i just got home after a 170 mile round trip to Charlotte (from Columbia SC) to pick up my newest addition to the collection! a 1979 Peavey T-60, natural finish in it's original case. this guitar has been in this gents closet for nearly 20 years, ever since arthritis got bad enough that he had to stop playing. this guitar is LITERALLY in brand new condition, not even a hint of buckle rash, no pitting in the chrome, no pick marks in the pickguard. other than being really dusty, the case is like brand new too, it's the old style case with the fuzzy brown lining and a tapered shape to the case, narrower at the headstock end. i am truly in love.

(@elecsluther)
Eminent Member

ANOTHER T-60?! Didn't you have one of those that was like new before, or was it another model? Anyway, congrats-with the case and all, this has got to stay in the collection--at least for more than a month-kidding, but I know how you like to trade! BTW- I research a bit this afternoon and found out there's a reason I like my Squire Strat so much-see my post "This Squier's a keeper". found out some real interesting info on it.

ReplyQuote
(@bucky-katt)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

this is a different one, i got an offer i couldnt turn down on the one i had a few months back. this one i got today is a keeper. it really does look like it just came from the factory in Meridien Mississippi. i just cleaned the case up with some Armor-All and now IT looks like new, what i thought was scratching and scuffs was REALLY heavy dust.

ReplyQuote
(@bucky-katt)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i found serial number listing on wikipedia of all places. it's a 1981

ReplyQuote
(@derek-wilkerson)
Estimable Member

how odd. ive got a white t-40 made in 1981. its white with a rosewood fretboard. everythings original except the phase switch and the red pearloid pickguard. 14 pounds it weighs :lol:

bassist for the crux
Randall RB-125-115 120 watt 15" eminence spk.
Randall RBA 500
2X Acoustic B115's
Peavey T-40
Indiana P-bass

ReplyQuote