Clear all

Ninja Epiphone?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I thought I'd ask whether anyone else hits a plateau for a while, then thinks they've learned something new or improved in some way but don't know how? Like I've sneakily got better without me ever finding out lol.

I've been at a plateau for a couple of months, probably from my own doing as I've not targetted any issues or done any real technique exercises except with real songs. I went from picking to fingerpicking, and now I've gone back to picking. I thought this would screw my accuracy up but it seems I picked it back up very quickly and then surpassed what I could do before. My barre chords seem a lot more stable and easily moved, but this isn't why I feel the way I do. I think I've picked up something in the realm of theory, but I'll be damned if I know what.

Anyone else have the feeling you've improved but don't know what exactly you've improved on?

Maybe its my lead playing as I've been playing more solos and such. Anyhoo, improvements all good so I'm happy to be out of a rut. :D

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

oh yeah, all the time. i'll think i'm plateauing, but i'm actually getting more complex in my phrasing or improving my tone and touch, etc, and i don't notice because i'm looking at some other aspect.

that's why it helps to record yourself. it can be encouraging, as well as point to things you need to work on.

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I think that happens to everyone, generally preceded by a funk of things not working right...then BAM! A breakthrough.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote