Clear all

no quarter

20 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

i dunno if anyone is familiar with the song no quarter the version by just page and plant not led zeppelin together...its an awsome song to play on the guitar its like worrshipping the devil sortof stuff page was really into that crazy sortof thing....i gess plant too...anyways i was wondering if thers any other good ones to learn by page and plant or by led zeppelin any sortof wierd ones like that i have three now : no quarter, gallows pole, and black mountain side...thanks...im not some sortof weird freek who worships the devil im just very interested rite now in the page plant stuff...anyone with anything just send me a private message or reply thanks

$MAX$

(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Um, worshiping the devil? might wanna relisten to the song...

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

I totally disagree about the worshipping the devil thing and i feel you need to reanalyze your thoughts and the songs. Dont believe everything youre told.

They also did "Friends" which is a great song. Check it out.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Have you seen the lyrics? The only song with refrences to Satan is Houses of The Holy.

Anyway, there's lots of weird stuff in their catelog to learn. In The Light, In The Evening, Dazed And Confused, Friends, The Battle of Evermore, Four Sticks, and of course Stairway all have a similar feel to No Quarter. You might wanna check out Achilles Last Stand, it's my favorite song by Zeppelin and my favorite song overall.

I can't really think of any more right now.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@badlands53)
Trusted Member

Have you seen the lyrics? The only song with refrences to Satan is Houses of The Holy.

And parts of "Stairway to Heaven" if you listen to it backwards (the "If there's a bustle in your hedgerow" part)

Well, if you can't make it, stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive, if you can, and meet me in a dream of this hard land.

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

That bit in Stairway is only there if you're listening for it.

In all it's just a bunch of BS started by some Christian Mother's group in California back in the 70's.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Exactly Metaellihead,
its only there in stairway backwards if your listening for it. I first heard it before I new what it was supposed to sound like, sounded like jibberish to me. I admit that a few parts sound somewhat close to satan, and kinda 666, but thats it. As soon as you read what some guy made up, you hear it, even if its not really there. Yea theres always a small chance that it was done on purpose, but it doesnt even really mean anything, especially not worshipping the devil. satanic messages my boot.

has anyone ever heard queens another one bites the dust backwards? Now that I've got to admit the chorus backwards sounds quite a bit like "its fun to smoke marjuana", I actually heard it when i listened to it backwards before anyone told me what it might be. is it intentional or coincidence? dunno, your thoughts?

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

There is a rather long post entitled stairway backwards if you wish to search for it.

Here was my reply...or one of them:

.suoires eb t'nac uoy

...sdrawkcab gnihtemos od ot emit eht ekat dluow toidi tahw

serrot "natas ton" kcin

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Hah, another good point.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

:lol: That must've been a classic thread (kaeps ot os). Too bad, I wasn't here for that one... :lol:

~ghost~

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

lol. Iv heard that Stairway to Heaven bit backwards, with the "satanic" message written so I could make it out better. Pretty weird and amusing, but it doesnt take a genius to work out theres no way it was intentional.

Another funny one is part of a Britney song backwards, which had some sexual refrenece which I dont remeber. :)

ReplyQuote
(@bleaseyhighflyer)
Trusted Member

I gotta recommend "dazed and confused" (Led Zeppelin 1). The intro is so spooky, the first time i heard it, the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end!, mind you i do get scared easily. if your curious about the devil worshipping thing, i would check it you

" Ah man, that went down like a lead balloon."

ReplyQuote
(@jim_v)

I still have a turntable that I use almost daily, but never backwards. I'm curious. How does today's generation play a song backwards?

Here's a link I found with Google that has some of the alleged reverse messages:

http://www.reversespeech.com/music_reversals.htm

The Stairway links are at the bottom.

.dias kicN tahw ot ottiD

Taylor 420R Ltd
Guild D50CE
Martin OM-1
Fender Stratocaster Plus
Gibson Les Paul Studio

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I still have a turntable that I use almost daily, but never backwards. I'm curious. How does today's generation play a song backwards?

.dias kicN tahw ot ottiD

The turntable thing should only be done with a spherical stylus (used by DJs -- most better home TT cartridge stylii are elliptical and god-fearing, and will collapse when forced to listen to satan).

Today is much easier: rip the CD to WAV or MP3 or similar and use any editing audio software that will reverse the track.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@alex_)
Honorable Member

page was a huge admirer of Aleister Crowley (he bought crowleys mansion on loch ness for about 7 years)..

crowley was called a satanist by people who misunderstood him..

and now people here are calling page a satanist without understanding him.

Satanism isnt the only part of the Occult, especially from a crowlerian point of view.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2