Clear all

no stairway, well, maybe a little

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@imalone)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

So you can guess what this is going to be about, but I did a search of the forum and it doesn't seem to have come up recently.

Basically one of the things I'd like to be able to do is learn Stairway to Heaven and I'm wondering what's a good book to get for it, Amazon seem to be pushing the Mothership compilation, but even then there's Mothership guitar tab and Mothership Authentic Guitar Tab (same author, different lengths and publishers). Is anyone able to recommend something? I'm a big LZ fan so whatever I get everything in it is going to be attempted eventually. Except possibly Achilles Last Stand, I have severe doubts about my ability to ever manage that. (And yes, I can find internet tabs, but I'd like to have something I can stick on a music stand and for the sake of continuing to learn general skills it'd be best to have standard notation as well as tab.)

(@davidhodge)

This version is pretty good:

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Stairway-to-Heaven/1291369

Sometimes you can get it cheaper directly from Alfred's site. Hope this helps.

Peace

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

In addition to the sheet music,
I found this lesson on youtube to be very helpful to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlXAtDA9xgo

Part 2 is also listed there.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Are you looking for this?

If so .. you need Power Tab. Check the PM I sent you.

You would need a printer for it to go on a music stand, it's just not your usual internet tab is all so I thought maybe this would do the trick for you. It is free.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@imalone)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks all, I'm going to try and get hold of the Alfred version of the Mothership collection, it looks like it should include the one David suggested. Never hurts to have more than one source though.

ReplyQuote