Skip to content
not a question exac...

Notifications
Clear all

not a question exactly... more of a quest or challenge?

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@amira)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

does anyone know the song Morning Song by Kathryn Williams? She's an English folk singer/songwriter.... the song comes from her album Little Black Numbers...

I've searched for the tabs everywhere and can't find them... and i'm not experienced/clever enough to make them up :(

so my question is: a) does anyone have the tabs? or b) if anyone knows the song is anyone able to work the tabs out?

i could email the song as an mp3 of course....

ps... apologies if i've posted this in the wrong forum but i couldnt think where to put it! Mods feel free to move it!

pps... apologies if this is a cheeky thing to ask. :?

(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I can't help you with that one, but I've been thinking of mentioning for a while that it might be nice to have a 'tab request' forum. Big disclaimer-like sticky at the top that says 'ask nicely, don't expect it' etc, and anyone looking for something to tab will always have something they can do that will be highly appreciated. There's certainly a few I could put in there :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@amira)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I can't help you with that one, but I've been thinking of mentioning for a while that it might be nice to have a 'tab request' forum. Big disclaimer-like sticky at the top that says 'ask nicely, don't expect it' etc, and anyone looking for something to tab will always have something they can do that will be highly appreciated. There's certainly a few I could put in there :)

yes that would be great... those that are bereft of talent such as moi, would have the pleasure of being able to play songs they like but can't find on the net.. and those that possess the talent for tabbing and fancy a challenge would find it very satisfying. :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@telemarker)
Trusted Member

I'll give it a shot. Send me an mp3 and I'll see what I can do.

ReplyQuote
(@amira)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'll give it a shot. Send me an mp3 and I'll see what I can do.

oh wow! fantastic! thanks!! pm on it's way to you with my email addy. xxxxxxxxx

ReplyQuote
(@prndl)
Reputable Member

I'll lend a hand too.

1 watt of pure tube tone - the Living Room Amp!
http://www.naturdoctor.com/Chapters/Amps/LivingRoomAmp.html
Paper-in-oil caps rule!

ReplyQuote
(@martin-6)
Honorable Member

Very simple-sounding song but actually very hard to tab in terms of getting the chords spot on. I'm not saying this is 100% correct but it might be close. Ish.

The chords I used are:
C: x320xx
G/B: x200xx
Em/B: x220xx
Gsus4: 330xxx

and song basically goes:
C, G/B
C, G/B
C, G/B
C, G/B
Em/B, Gsus4
Em/B, Gsus4

before repeating. It's very important to strike only the right strings (and the occasional wrong one) to get the sound of each chord. And of course getting the percussive muting of the right hand right is a big part of the song.

Well that's the bass part. The occasional treble notes you hear are the open G & B strings, and occasionally the C at the first fret of the B string. It's debatable whether these notes are played in the same guitar part as the rhythm; it's certainly possible but I don't really have the time to spend perfecting the skill of hitting these notes while maintaining the rhythm.

The song could work nicely as a duet with the second person expanding on the treble part.

ReplyQuote
(@amira)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

a HUGE thank you so far to those of you who have worked on this song!!!! I've been exceptionally busy at work over the last couple of days so i havent had a chance myself yet to have a go at the song.... actually i havent even picked up my guitar for two days... :( but i'm going to over the weekend... so i'll let you know how i get on!!!

many many many thanks. :D :D :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@amira)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

so.... finally... months later... i can play this song!!!!

i don't exactly use the chords that i think are on the original verson... but it sounds fine...

and i've learned to play in 6/8 time and can sing with it too... so i'm delighted...

and thank you all so much for your emails and help and offers of support.

what a great site this is. :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReplyQuote