Skip to content
Not so new to guita...

Notifications
Clear all

Not so new to guitar, but I still need help!

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@audioboy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I have been playing the guitar for close to two years now. But recently I purchased a new drum set and I have been playing none stop for the past couple of months. I have probably picked up my guitar twice in that time period. Now I want to get back into it, along with the bass. What can I do to build my speed up along with accuracy?

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

It all goes back to what you learned in the very beginning and that is (I know this isn't what you want to hear, but....) Practice, practice, practice! I've gone from guitar to mandolin to bass to dulcimer (so far) and the common thread to build up speed and accuracy is practice.

Sorry! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

It boils down to time behind the instrument. Granted, there are "better" or more efficient ways to practice any instrument. Still, the more time you have on the instrument the better you become.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote