Notifications
Clear all

Now this is AMAZING!

25 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i have a very eclectic taste in music and i can never tell what style i will be "into" from one week to the next.
personally i loved it.
i think it's just different.
the guy obviously has tons of talent (imo) and is more of a jazz stylist that reminds me a lot of Keller Williams.

when i first heard this style of acoustic playing i also was put off but i think it grows on you after a bit and has a lot more depth than most music you hear nowdays. i am going to try and get some more and see if i'm right , thanks for turning me onto this. :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

It reminded me of an Australian called Tommy Emmanuel who is also good at fast 'show off' pieces.

Supposed to go see him in a couple weeks if I can get out of a little bit of responsibility.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Even i would get bored of it real fast :x

ReplyQuote
(@hawken)
Trusted Member

That's not the only stuff that this guy plays. Like most people who have achieved his level of ability he can do a lot of things with the guitar. So to all those who said his style is boring after one song, you might want to hold judgment until you've heard a few things.

He also has a band and is a singer/songwriter. Personally I get a kick out of all cool things that include the guitar....this clip definitely falls into that category.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I think it's great when I see someone playing the acoustic like an electric guitar. I would not get bored of listening to this. He obviously has talent and musically the song seems sound as well as lyrically.

ReplyQuote
(@jg8804)
Trusted Member

Pah, bit sloppy and amature-like for my money if ya ask me.

Actually, that was ridiculously amazing :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

How can you call that "amature-like"? Especially since you only heard one of his songs. That is absolutely no different than what Steve Vai does and he is considered a God. The sound is incredible and I'll bet if you listened to him BEFORE you watched him you'd like the sound.

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

How can you call that "amature-like"? Especially since you only heard one of his songs. That is absolutely no different than what Steve Vai does and he is considered a God. The sound is incredible and I'll bet if you listened to him BEFORE you watched him you'd like the sound.

jumped a bit ahead of yourself there, read the rest of his post, he was joking.

I've seen it before, but its still very cool.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

WOW, that's jsut crazy.

It seems to be, it would be something to cool to open up a show with, just something thats a little bit fun, to get the crowd fired up.

ReplyQuote
(@jg8804)
Trusted Member

How can you call that "amature-like"? Especially since you only heard one of his songs. That is absolutely no different than what Steve Vai does and he is considered a God. The sound is incredible and I'll bet if you listened to him BEFORE you watched him you'd like the sound. :lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2